Air conditioning

Old January 27th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Gerry Harris[_2_]

Default Air conditioning

Hi
Just bought my first motorhome :-)
A LHD CI Mizar 140 based on a Fiat Ducato LWB 2.5 TDI chassis, 1995 vintage.
How easy is it to fit air conditioning?
Any particular makes better than the others?
Where can I get a good deal on the units?

Cheers
Gerry Harris

Old January 27th 04, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
gill107

"Gerry Harris" wrote in message
Hi
Just bought my first motorhome :-)
A LHD CI Mizar 140 based on a Fiat Ducato LWB 2.5 TDI chassis, 1995

vintage.
How easy is it to fit air conditioning?
Any particular makes better than the others?
Where can I get a good deal on the units?

Cheers
Gerry Harris

-----------------------------
Cab air-conditioning or habitation end air-conditioning

Old January 28th 04, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Gerry Harris[_2_]

"gill107" wrote in message

"Gerry Harris" wrote in message
Hi
Just bought my first motorhome :-)
A LHD CI Mizar 140 based on a Fiat Ducato LWB 2.5 TDI chassis, 1995

vintage.
How easy is it to fit air conditioning?
Any particular makes better than the others?
Where can I get a good deal on the units?

Cheers
Gerry Harris

-----------------------------
Cab air-conditioning or habitation end air-conditioning

Sorry, should have said habitation end air-conditioning, but then I am new
to a motorhome ;-)

Cheers
Gerry Harris

Old January 28th 04, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
CaravanParts

Gerry
Lots of options for aircon units, we supply a roof-mounted 12v one which fits
into a 400 x 400 rooflight aperture, and also have a 12v/240v which is the dogs
b's and fits the rooflight apereture and inside a bed box
If interested, contact separately for details
Bob

Old January 28th 04, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Les Rose

"gill107" wrote in message

"Gerry Harris" wrote in message
Hi
Just bought my first motorhome :-)
A LHD CI Mizar 140 based on a Fiat Ducato LWB 2.5 TDI chassis, 1995

vintage.
How easy is it to fit air conditioning?
Any particular makes better than the others?
Where can I get a good deal on the units?

Cheers
Gerry Harris

-----------------------------
Cab air-conditioning or habitation end air-conditioning

Sorry, should have said habitation end air-conditioning, but then I am new
to a motorhome ;-)

Cheers
Gerry Harris

We have the American Trav-L-cool which is an evaporative cooler. Works very
well both on the road and on site. According to the docs which came with our
Hymer it was about 400 installed which is much less than pukka air con.
However I've no idea what it's like to fit - it doesn't look impossible for
a gifted amateur.