Salt Corrosion On the Van

Old February 1st 04, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Grinch

Default Salt Corrosion On the Van

This year more salt than ever is being put down on the roads. Hurrah, less
ice & the roads are safer - Boo Hoo more corrosion to the bodywork.

I tend not to drive my motorhome after salt has been put down on the road in
order to avoid the corrosion problem - this is even more of an issue with
these vehicles as where different types of metals meet - aluminium & steel -
corrosion is more likely.
I am lucky because I have the luxury of another vehicle owned by my
employer - others who have only the one vehicle clearly have a bigger
problem.
The only solution I would have thought is a regular thorough hose down
underneath possibly with a pressure hose.

Just a thought.