Keeping batteries happy

« - | - »

Old February 1st 04, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John Cartmell

Default Keeping batteries happy

In our AutoTrail Cheyenne we have a switch on the control panel with 3
settings - MAIN - blank - AUX. Can anyone explain what is meant to happen
iro either or both of the batteries (leisure & engine) at each of these
settings when:

1. there is power from an outside source and none being used;
2. there is power being used in the 'van but no source;
3. there is power being used and power provided externally;
4. there is power being used and power generated from the engine.

Having read and re-read the manual I am now *entirely* confused!

--
John Cartmell [email protected] followed by finnybank.com FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527
Qercus magazine & FD Games www.finnybank.com www.acornuser.com
Old February 1st 04, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Grinch

Confuses me too - why can't these things be simple.
My Mclouis has a 2 simple symbols representing the main vehicle & the
caravan part.
You can switch between either & see the state of charge on the battery.
When mains is plugged in there is also a 220v light and if the battery
function is pressed you can see the leisure battery charging. Now that's
simple to follow.
Sorry I can't help your predicament but I understand your frustration.

Old February 1st 04, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
No spam.

on www.motorhomefacts.com some one did an explanation on how to carry out
tests to establish what was charging what etc.