Insurance for business use

Old February 7th 04, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Margaret Reed

Default Insurance for business use

Does anyone know of an insurer that will quote for business use on a
motorcaravan? I've tried MCIA, Caravan Club, Caravan & Camping, AA,
and a few others, but they won't even consider a quote. It's a
standard Swift Sundance.
Thanks

Margaret Reed
Old February 7th 04, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bob Douglas

"Margaret Reed" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know of an insurer that will quote for business use on a
motorcaravan? I've tried MCIA, Caravan Club, Caravan & Camping, AA,
and a few others, but they won't even consider a quote. It's a
standard Swift Sundance.
Thanks

Margaret Reed

Try CIS, (Cooperative) I think they used to do it.

They're still pretty competitive for motorcaravans under standard
conditions.

Bob

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old February 8th 04, 06:49 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Kev

"Margaret Reed" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know of an insurer that will quote for business use on a
motorcaravan? I've tried MCIA, Caravan Club, Caravan & Camping, AA,
and a few others, but they won't even consider a quote. It's a
standard Swift Sundance.
Thanks

Margaret Reed

Try Campton Insurance Brokers - 01883 742460

Kev

Old February 12th 04, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Margaret Reed

Thanks for the suggestions. I've now got it sorted with the Co-op!

Margaret
Old February 20th 04, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
David Kent

"Margaret Reed" wrote in message
m...
Thanks for the suggestions. I've now got it sorted with the Co-op!

Margaret

I never rated the co-op as a motor insurer until Sunday when my girlfriend's
neighbour had a crash driving his wife's car,
He was covered for third party risk on his co-op insurance on his van - it
allows him to drive any car or motorcycle not owned by him.

Most van insurers do not allow you to drive a car on a van policy.

My motor home was insured for business use by the Norwich Union - it was old
and used for picking up chemicals (bleach etc) for the cleaning business -
they made a total loss claim after some-one set it on fire whilst parked
away from home.

YorkieDave