Drainage hose

Old February 16th 04, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Les Rose

Default Drainage hose

I am going to need a 10m drainage hose so that I don't have to keep moving
the motorhome frequently when on site. There used to be for sale reels of
flat hose, rather like fire hose, but it has disappeared. 10m of the normal
plastic hose will take up far too much space. Does anyone know of suitable
flat hose?

Old February 16th 04, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Paul - xxx

Les Rose posted ...

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukgasp/frameset.asp?dept=ukHG

--
Paul

Old February 16th 04, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Les Rose

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Les Rose posted ...

I am going to need a 10m drainage hose so that I don't have to keep
moving the motorhome frequently when on site. There used to be for
sale reels of flat hose, rather like fire hose, but it has
disappeared. 10m of the normal plastic hose will take up far too much
space. Does anyone know of suitable flat hose?

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukgasp/frameset.asp?dept=ukHG

--
Paul

Blimey, that was quick - thanks. Actually I was a bit bemused by the
attractive displays of bed linen but eventually navigated to the hose
department! Not too sure whether standard garden hose will have a big enough
diameter for grey water and all the bits it carries - does anyone do
anything meatier?

Old February 16th 04, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Clarke

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:15:31 -0000, Les Rose wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Les Rose posted ...

I am going to need a 10m drainage hose so that I don't have to keep
moving the motorhome frequently when on site. There used to be for
sale reels of flat hose, rather like fire hose, but it has
disappeared. 10m of the normal plastic hose will take up far too much
space. Does anyone know of suitable flat hose?

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukgasp/frameset.asp?dept=ukHG

--
Paul

Blimey, that was quick - thanks. Actually I was a bit bemused by the
attractive displays of bed linen but eventually navigated to the hose
department! Not too sure whether standard garden hose will have a big enough
diameter for grey water and all the bits it carries - does anyone do
anything meatier?

Try:

http://www.expresstools.co.uk/ishop/...opscr1233.html

If you have a local plant/tool hire place they will probably do layflat
hose.

--
Andy Clarke

www.UKMotorhomes.net - The UK Motorhome Website - articles, information, free classifieds, etc
Old February 16th 04, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Paul - xxx

Les Rose posted ...

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Les Rose posted ...

I am going to need a 10m drainage hose so that I don't have to keep
moving the motorhome frequently when on site. There used to be for
sale reels of flat hose, rather like fire hose, but it has
disappeared. 10m of the normal plastic hose will take up far too
much space. Does anyone know of suitable flat hose?

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukgasp/frameset.asp?dept=ukHG

--
Paul

Blimey, that was quick - thanks. Actually I was a bit bemused by the
attractive displays of bed linen but eventually navigated to the hose
department! Not too sure whether standard garden hose will have a big
enough diameter for grey water and all the bits it carries - does
anyone do anything meatier?

Yeah, sorry about that, I copied the link from the main page, not from the
actual item ..

The diameter doesn't seem to mind, it seems fine to us. It's certainly
better than the corrugated hose on most caravans anyway ..

--
Paul

Old February 17th 04, 03:17 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Hilary[_2_]

"Les Rose" wrote in message
I am going to need a 10m drainage hose so that I don't have to keep moving

I've thought of a technical hitch re the flat hose. Most of these are
designed to run at pressure with mains water being the minimum.

Is your waste water pumped out? - in which case it will be fine.

But if like ours the waste water only runs out there is not enough pressure
to inflate the hose. We tried it and it just didnt go anywhere. We only
tried an unrolled garden one. Whether a larger gauge would work without
pumping I dont know but I suspect that the bigger the hose the more pressure
would be needed.

)

Old February 17th 04, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ROBIN DUMPLETON

Try
www.arco.co.uk
You could store shorter lengths in tubes underneath

Robin

Old February 17th 04, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Phil

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:52:30 -0000, "Les Rose"
wrote:

A supplimentary question:

Does Mr Muscle drain cleaner do any harm to corrugated or smooth-sided
(welded) drain pipes?

Phil

Old February 17th 04, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Gazz

"Hilary" wrote in message

"Les Rose" wrote in message
I am going to need a 10m drainage hose so that I don't have to keep

moving

I've thought of a technical hitch re the flat hose. Most of these are
designed to run at pressure with mains water being the minimum.

Is your waste water pumped out? - in which case it will be fine.

But if like ours the waste water only runs out there is not enough

pressure
to inflate the hose. We tried it and it just didnt go anywhere. We only
tried an unrolled garden one. Whether a larger gauge would work without
pumping I dont know but I suspect that the bigger the hose the more

pressure
would be needed.

I thought that my saelf when i first saw this thread, thought i'd keep quiet
to see waht sources came up for the hose tho,

Standard lay flat garden hose needs a bit of pressure to work, my fresh
water filler hose is a 10 meter whale water master extension hose, a 1/2
inch flat hose for connecting caravans upto a tap on a pitch,
i was in scotland once, and the water supply came straight off the hills,
through a big filter, no pump or owt, and it just didnt have the pressure to
flow through my hose,
i borrowed the site owners garden hose (i have a filter of my own in the
water system) and got about a 3 to 4 foot arc from the end when i held it
horizontal, so there was 'some' pressure there, just not enough to force the
lay flat hose of mine open.

I'm planning something similar for my next motorhomes waste discharge
system, i'll have a flat hose, but i will have a pump in my system, i'll be
using a 12 volt bilge pump, about 50 litres a minute will do me, cost about
20 quid for one of those, the pump will live in the bottom of the waste tank
(prolly about 200 litres capacity), because bilge pumps are submersable ones
at that price,
Then i'll run a pipe from the pump to the top of the tank, out and to a T
piece after my slide valve to the discharge pipework and hoze hookup at the
side of the van,

This way i can still dump the tanks by gravity by just pulling the slide
valve handle when parked over a drain (an approved grey water discharge
drain but i can if i want to connect a long hose to the discharge point,
and run it uphill to a drain on a site, and turn the pump on and pump the
tank dry in about 4 minutes,