Help! Dead Ducato

Old February 22nd 04, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Les Rose

Default Help! Dead Ducato

Tried to start up the Hymer (Ducato 2.5 TD) this morning. Battery fine,
cranks OK but dead as a doornail. Was laid up over winter, and after
previous layups it has started instantly, but today - nothing. And that's
about as much as I know about direct-injection diesels. Owner's manual of no
help of course, and I can't get a workshop manual for love or money. Any
ideas?

Old February 22nd 04, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ROBIN DUMPLETON

"Les Rose" wrote in message
Tried to start up the Hymer (Ducato 2.5 TD) this morning. Battery fine,
cranks OK but dead as a doornail. Was laid up over winter, and after
previous layups it has started instantly, but today - nothing. And that's
about as much as I know about direct-injection diesels. Owner's manual of

no
help of course, and I can't get a workshop manual for love or money. Any
ideas?

Check the rats have not had any wiring and crank with the stop solenoid
loosened to make sure you have fuel at the pump
If you have fuel check stop solenoid clicks when you crank.
After that it's bleed pump and injectors.

Robin

Old February 22nd 04, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Les Rose

"No spam." wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Fuse blown/supply dead to fuel cut off solenoid?

Thanks. The fuses are all OK. Where is the fuel cut off solenoid? No wiring
diagram or anything else of the slightest help!

Old February 22nd 04, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Les Rose

"ROBIN DUMPLETON" wrote in message

"Les Rose" wrote in message
Tried to start up the Hymer (Ducato 2.5 TD) this morning. Battery fine,
cranks OK but dead as a doornail. Was laid up over winter, and after
previous layups it has started instantly, but today - nothing. And

that's
about as much as I know about direct-injection diesels. Owner's manual

of
no
help of course, and I can't get a workshop manual for love or money. Any
ideas?

Check the rats have not had any wiring and crank with the stop solenoid
loosened to make sure you have fuel at the pump
If you have fuel check stop solenoid clicks when you crank.
After that it's bleed pump and injectors.

Robin

Thanks - I located the solenoid by pot luck and cleaned the electrical
connection. Now started OK. I will know next time!