First motorhome - DueErre, advice needed

Old February 24th 04, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Thackeray

Default First motorhome - DueErre, advice needed

Hi there!

On to what I think is a pretty good deal for a first motorhome. It's a
DueErre Escape 391, 6.2m long, and I should be popping over to Austria to
pick it up in a couple of weeks.

Just wondered if you could help me with a few queries, from your esteemed
viewpoints:

1. The van is UK spec (RHD, MPH etc) but for being wired for 220v. Should
this pose a problem if using the van predominantly in this country?
2. Since its been produced on the continent it has gas heating and hot
water. Would this be a problem to me?
3. I want a van of this size but am slightly wary about driving it. It's on
a Ford Transit 350 base. Any opinions about this?
4. It's not fitted with an oven or grill, simply a fridge and 2-plate hob.
Again, would you anticipate many problems with such kitchen frugality?

Guess I'm just trying to put my mind at rest really because it's a big
purchase. We're looking at about £23,500 (brand new from the factory)
including air conditioning, ABS, a 2.4TD engine, fixed rear bed, and Fiama
2-bike rack.

I suppose my last question should be:

5. What could I expect resale value wise for this van in say two years time?

Sorry to be a pain, you know what us newbies are like!

Dave

Old February 24th 04, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
dario osaris

Dave Thackeray wrote:

On to what I think is a pretty good deal for a first motorhome. It's a
DueErre Escape 391, 6.2m long,

IMO a good choice.
I own the same toy, no problems so far.

1. The van is UK spec (RHD, MPH etc) but for being wired for 220v. Should
this pose a problem if using the van predominantly in this country?

you´ve got 120V there ? ? ?
any Voltage between 200V and 240V ist ok

2. it has gas heating and hot
water. Would this be a problem to me?

It would be a problem if you won´t have it ;-)
(assumed you are in the highlands )

3. I want a van of this size but am slightly wary about driving it. It's on
a Ford Transit 350 base. Any opinions about this?

I owned a Ducato-RV until 6/04, but the TRANSIT is
essentially much better.

4. It's not fitted with an oven or grill, simply a fridge and 2-plate hob.
Again, would you anticipate many problems with such kitchen frugality?

didn´t miss it (yet)

We're looking at about £23,500 (brand new from the factory)
including air conditioning, ABS, a 2.4TD engine, fixed rear bed, and Fiama
2-bike rack.

sounds like a bargain, but dunno ur price tags

Dave

enjoy ur nu toy

Dario

Old February 24th 04, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Thackeray

Hi Dario!

Thanks so much for your help with this.

I'd be very interested in keeping in touch with you over this van. If you
don't mind, could you let me know by emailing me at

Thanks a million!

Dave

Old February 25th 04, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
dario osaris

Tone wrote:

2. Since its been produced on the continent it has gas heating and hot
water. Would this be a problem to me?

No but you will probably find the system runs on higher pressure than
the UK

what gas preassure is standard at your site?

because of EU harmonising the standard changed from 50 mbar/ 20 inch
to 30 mbar/12 Inch a few years ago on the continent.

Dario

Old February 25th 04, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Thackeray

Default Recharging the battery on an import

Thanks for all your help guys, and Andy for putting my mind at rest!

What's the general procedure when recharging the leisure battery in the UK,
with imported 'vans?

Will I need to get any new fittings to enable me to plug the thing in at
home?

Thanks again!

Old February 25th 04, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Clarke

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:54:54 -0000, Dave Thackeray wrote:

Thanks for all your help guys, and Andy for putting my mind at rest!

What's the general procedure when recharging the leisure battery in the UK,
with imported 'vans?

Will I need to get any new fittings to enable me to plug the thing in at
home?

No, the van should have a standard mains input socket fitted, just plug
your hook-up lead in and switch on.

--
Andy Clarke

www.UKMotorhomes.net - The UK Motorhome Website - articles, information, free classifieds, etc
Old February 26th 04, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Thackeray

Guys, any idea where I should go to get one of these adaptors to fit Calor
propane bottles for import 'vans?

Nice one, thanks loads.

Dave

Old February 26th 04, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Clarke

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:09:52 -0000, Dave Thackeray wrote:

Guys, any idea where I should go to get one of these adaptors to fit Calor
propane bottles for import 'vans?

I'm pretty sure that Truma do them - but they are not listed in the
catalogue that I have, try emailing them:

However if your new van conforms to the new regulations, which it should,
you will have a fixed 30mB regulator - all you need to do, when you get
it back to the UK, is to get a UK pigtail to fit it. The pigtail should
be cheaper than an adapter.

Old February 27th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
David McMillan

Hi Dave

You can buy an adaptor from any Truma stockist e.g. Dick Lane
Motorhomes in Bradford.

I would think that using an adaptor is easier than replacing the
pigtail.

HTH

David