Discharge on Leisure Battery

Old March 2nd 04, 07:37 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Wooden

Default Discharge on Leisure Battery

What is it that discharges the leisure battery whilst my motorhome is
standing - over a period of 2 weeks I estimate that a third of the charge
has gone despite all switches on the panel being off.
Any ideas?

Steve

Old March 2nd 04, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Vines

"Wooden" wrote in message
What is it that discharges the leisure battery whilst my motorhome is
standing - over a period of 2 weeks I estimate that a third of the charge
has gone despite all switches on the panel being off.
Any ideas?

Steve

Could be partly attributed to clocks or a radio/CD memory.

Old March 2nd 04, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
wildman.[_2_]

There was some info on trying to establish what items were consuming power
on this thread http://www.motorhomefacts.com/postt209.html It started off on
solar panels but went in a bit deeper and on to power drain. Don't thing it
will answer your question directly, but may help you a bit further

Old March 2nd 04, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Wooden" wrote in message
What is it that discharges the leisure battery whilst my motorhome is
standing - over a period of 2 weeks I estimate that a third of the charge
has gone despite all switches on the panel being off.
Any ideas?

How do you estimate the remaining capacity?

Assuming you are correct and it is reducing it's either going via an
electrical device that's still connected, (ie alarm, clock etc) or the
battery's knackered. Put a decent ammeter between the battery post and the
battery connector, if there's no significant discharge then dump the
battery.

Rgds

Andy R