What Make Engine in Talbot Express 2.0 ?

Old March 7th 04, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SandS

Default What Make Engine in Talbot Express 2.0 ?

Went to Halfords today to get some service items (Plugs, HT leads,
AirFilter etc) for my 1991 Talbot Express 2.0 (1971cc) AS Talisman and
couldn't find anything in their books. Man behind the parts counter
couldn't find it on their PC either.

Could someone tell me what is the Peugot equivalent engine that I can
get parts for without going to the dealer for these service items ? If
it relevent it has electronic ignition (I think, I couldn't see any
points or condenser), and a Decullier (spelling?) distributor cap and
ignition amplification module (beside the coil).

Thank you,
Steve

Old March 7th 04, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dougie

Dont go to Halfords - go to a Commercial Factor such as Dana or similar.

You need a Motor Factor not a retail car bits shop. Look in Yellow Pages for
"Commercial Vehicle Parts" or similar you will have no problem finding
parts. Have a look at Ditributor Cap etc and check make (Bosch or Ducelier
for example) this will help locate the correct bits.