Talbot Express / Fiat Ducatto Gearbox oil level

« - | - »

Old March 7th 04, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SandS

Default Talbot Express / Fiat Ducatto Gearbox oil level

I checked mine today with the dipstick. It was about 1 Cm down so I put
in about 250ml (capacity is 1.25 litres I believe) through the
Reversing light switch as per the owners handbook but the level did not
appear to rise at all even after an hour or so. Rather than risk over
filling it I left it for now.

Also it is clearly leaking somewhere near the back. I assume this is
the Speedo cable issue I've seem mentioned? Any ideas on how to cure it
as I don't want to be having to top it up regularly?

Thank you,
Steve

« - | - »