buying in Italy

« - | - »

Old April 1st 04, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
riccip

Default buying in Italy

(gillian) wrote:

We hope to go over to Italy, buy a motorhome, we have looked at a few
and think that the Elnagh marlin65G would be suitable for our families
needs but as it is much cheaper in Italy than buying it here in
Britain, we thought that we could go over earlier buy it, bring it
back to Britain, pick up the kids and stuff and then plan a route
through Europe. Generally points that we are looking for advice a

how easy is it it to purchase abroad, any good resaources that you
could direct us to, what are te pitfalls, if any.

It's generally easier to purchase in most Europe countries,
mainly because they have the stock available. Get a bottom line
on-the-road price and watch the dealers carefully. Italians are
notorious for short changing foreigners so make sure you fully
understand the deal before signing anything, and that there are
no surcharges. Take cash, be prepared to haggle and try for 10% -
25% off the asking price after you've waved the money around.
Your dealer will expect you to.

is there a restriction on the load, we have obviously selected a
motorhome with a garage to carry stuff that we need to settle in
Italy, could this cause us problems

The manufacturer and dealer should be able to quote the limits.
Unless you are carrying anything abnormally heavy expect it to
take whatever you can reasonably stow.

We're off to Northern Italy in a few weeks time. What's currently
the best (fastest & hassle free) route from Calais that you would
suggest?

riccip

« - | - »