Fiat Ducato 2.0 ltr Swift Sundance 590RL Service Costs

Old April 4th 04, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
tom

Default Fiat Ducato 2.0 ltr Swift Sundance 590RL Service Costs

My Fiat Ducato 2.0 ltr is just coming up to her 2 year service. I phoned my
local Fiat Service Centre (fish bros swindon) to book in for service and was
shocked to be told it would cost 450.00 for this service which is over
double what I paid last year for it's first service (170.00). Anyone out
there had a similar quote or am I being ripped off?. Anyone know a Fiat
service centre near swindon who can better my quote?. I have to have this
service it being part of the 3 year Warranty. Any Help I would be most
greatful.

Tom.

Old April 15th 04, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
wildman.

I doubt any others will be cheaper, especially if they too are a franchise.

I have the Boxer version and rang round three Peugeot dealers/agents in
different counties for a cam belt change and they were all the same price!

--
My van site http://tinyurl.co.uk/lpak

Old April 16th 04, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
tom

Thanks for the reply. Guess it's just what I expected. Had a Similar
experience with my car at its 2 years service point. I expect it is so they
can hammer you before your warranty expires and you are free to look
elsewhere. It just seems a bit steep for a van thats only done 7000 miles
since new and that they are basing there prices on a commercial van thats
done 50000 miles. checking the cam belt is also part of the service but I
can't see that needing to be replaced in with such low mileage but then
again they have you with the phrase 50000 miles or two years whichever the
sooner. once again thanks for the reply must go got to do some overtime to
pay for it :-(

tom.
news:[email protected]

Old April 16th 04, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Another Dave

tom wrote:
I have to have this service it being part of the 3 year Warranty.

I think it may be worth reading the actual wording of the warranty.
There was some EU action on Franchise servicing being linked to the
warranty: i.e. any competent service was sufficient to uphold the
warranty not just main dealer servicing.

However, it may only apply to cars and it may have come into force after
you bought the van.

Anybody else have anything to offer?

Cheers

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to webtribe in e-mail address
Old April 17th 04, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
tom

Thanks Dave.
Another anvenue I think I will persue.

Tom.

Old April 21st 04, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Si

Tom,

just had mine serviced, 2 year old Ducato 2.8 JTD 170 + vat

Si