Reversing ... Radar or Camera?

Old April 16th 04, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Cherokee

Default Reversing ... Radar or Camera?

Can you tell me where you bought your reversing camera for £120
Sounds great value.

"Dario Osaris" wrote in message

SandS wrote:

1) If reversing cameras come on when reverse is selected do you
have to wait for the TV to warm up before there is a picture ?

depends on your video monitor:
a TFT display comes up at once (less than 1 sec)
I clipped a 4" display onto the center mirror.

Or is the TV on all the time but the picture is only
displayed when reverse is selected?

your choice:
if you choose a wide angle lens you might use it as a
mirror replacement and have it on if engine is running.

2) What about TV performance in the dark .... is it useable with
the reversing light or do you need one with its own LED lights?

my b&w camera utilizes some InfraRed LEDs (about 12)

3) Is there any real advantage to colour as opposed to B&W
systems.

I don´t see any advantage

b&w camera plus 4" monitor was about 120 pound

Steve

Dario

Old April 17th 04, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
riccip[_7_]

"Cherokee" wrote:

Can you tell me where you bought your reversing camera for £120
Sounds great value.

They're even cheaper on eBay. Try this link.

http://tinyurl.com/2r9zh
Old April 18th 04, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
wildman.

You can now get good colour systems for around £120. These are proper
systems which have a reversible image, just like looking in a mirror. The
cheapos don't always have the 'mirror image' and can be awkward to get your
brain around, especially after years of looking at mirrors to see what's
behind you.

I've just checked ebay and there's none on there at the moment, but keep an
eye on this link http://s3.invisionfree.com/SBMCC/index.php?showforum=4
because when the good ones come up, they are posted at the link provided.

My site at http://tinyurl.co.uk/lpak

"Cherokee" wrote in message
Can you tell me where you bought your reversing camera for £120
Sounds great value.

snipped