LUXEMBOURG SERVICE AREA ...WARNING

Old April 21st 04, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
GarryG

Default LUXEMBOURG SERVICE AREA ...WARNING

I heard of a similar incident from a fellow owner who now chains his doors
across the cab through the arm rests!

Garry

"ken" wrote in message
Just to put this in perspective, We have been burgled 3 times at home but
never all the time we have been motorhoming. (saying that, we are off in

the
van this weekend and will probably get turned over now).

ken

Old April 22nd 04, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
bluebird

Having read many reports of people being robbed in motor caravans
thought I must just be lucky after years of no problems....... but had
van robbed in a service area in Luxembourg ... near the City. Not even
sure when robbed ...probably as we slept.
Old April 22nd 04, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SandS

"bluebird" wrote in message
om...
Having read many reports of people being robbed in motor

caravans
thought I must just be lucky after years of no problems.......

but had
van robbed in a service area in Luxembourg ... near the City.

Not even
sure when robbed ...probably as we slept.

My sympathies but how do they manage to rob you when you're
asleep without you waking up ?
What precautions can you take other than locking the doors (which
I assume you did).
Bit scary
Steve (who's new to this Motorcaravaning lark and hoping to go
abroad for the first time in it in September). .

Old April 23rd 04, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Shockwave

"SandS" wrote in message ...

My sympathies but how do they manage to rob you when you're
asleep without you waking up ?

Some friends of mine was robbed when in Spain during the night. They
woke up one morning to find that all their stuff had gone. They didn't
hear anything either

The Police told them the robbers used some special nock out gas
sprayed in the air vents. They then brake in using gas masks.
Apparently the gas is stolen from vets as they have it for operations.

It is quite common on the continent but the authorities are obviously
keeping it quiet.

Shokka
Old April 23rd 04, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
dario osaris

Shockwave wrote:

My sympathies but how do they manage to rob you when you're
asleep without you waking up ?

Some friends of mine was robbed when in Spain during the night. They
woke up one morning

with strong head ace

to find that all their stuff had gone. They didn't
hear anything either

The Police told them the robbers used some special nock out gas
sprayed in the air vents. They then brake in using gas masks.
Apparently the gas is stolen from vets as they have it for operations.

itīs reported they use some "starting assistance gas",
can be bought in every car equipment shop
(sometimes sold by the brand name START PILOT, contains ether)

It is quite common on the continent but the authorities are obviously
keeping it quiet.

itīs a well known problem (unfortunatly) especially evident in
- north eastern Spain around the coastal Hiway A7
- southern France around Marseille
- north western of Italy in Genova region

Stay clear of Hiway rest areas over there

Shokka

Dario

Old April 23rd 04, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Dario Osaris" wrote in message

Shockwave wrote:

[...]

If anyone's interested I'm selling a Sopoalarm which detects narcotic gases
and wakes you up before the level becomes high enough to affect you. See
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2475530632

Rgds

Andy R

Old April 23rd 04, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
AC

In article , Dario Osaris
writes

with strong head ace

*Why* did you add this supposed 'head ache' to the posting?
The original poster made no suggestion that gas, or head ache, was
involved?

People can sleep very soundly at night when they are tired. Without more
information about how the entry was made, it is difficult to make much
sense of the problem.
--
AC
Old April 26th 04, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
dario osaris

Dario Osaris wrote:

[narcotic gas attacks against free parking motorhomes]
itīs a well known problem (unfortunatly) especially evident in
- north eastern Spain around the coastal Hiway A7
- southern France around Marseille
- north western of Italy in Genova region

I forgot to mention:
similar warnings are reported by swedish
police for the southwestern region of Sweden (around Malmö).

take care if youīre on free overnight parking

Dario

Old April 26th 04, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
AC

In article , Dario Osaris
writes
similar warnings are reported by swedish
police for the southwestern region of Sweden (around Malmö).

I would be grateful to see these, do you have any reference to them, or
know how I might get to see them please?
--
AC