France

Old April 25th 04, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John37woodcock

Default France

I want to tour france this year with 2 children over 12.
Do i need to book all can i go on speck. if so do dose any on any good sites in
Brittany
Old April 26th 04, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Blaze

I travelled using the AA guide to campsites in Europe, fantastic book...

plan your route and then pick the sites

Old April 26th 04, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
klyne

--
"John37woodcock" wrote in message
I want to tour france this year with 2 children over 12.
Do i need to book all can i go on speck. if so do dose any on any good

sites in
Brittany

John

You don't say what time of year you will be travelling but I assume it will
be during UK school holidays? You are welcome to have a look at my website
although I accept it is hardly comprehensive. A good starting point is the
Caravan Club European Guide vol 1 which covers France. All reports are by
members so there is a higher degree of unbiased information than some guide
books which just list sites because they take advertising in the guide!!!!
From my own experience of visiting France over several years between May and
September the only time you likely need to book will be from mid July to mid
August, the exception being if you want to be near the sea. Please contact
me direct if I can be of further help.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old May 2nd 04, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
viper

i was in paris in april, 12 to 18
and i was in "the Bois de Boulogne camp site": it is beside the Seine very
close to the centre of the city (a shuttle service can carry u in 5 min to
"porte Maillot" metro station from where u can start visit paris @
urban-price in metro)
i spend about 36/37? on day (my wife, me, 2 children 8-14, & "enterprise" my
elnagh-on-ford2500 with water and electrical power 10 Ampere)
it was very quite and clean... mini market is very expensive, i think
web site: www.abccamping.com/campingparis.htm
e-mail:

in the city is very very difficult to find parkings
but another "one who use a motorcaravan" (we say: "camperista") said to me
that in august every parkings are free!!
excuse me for my terrible english.....
if you want other informations please contact me (erasing the article "at in
THE wind")
bye
have a nice travel
viper