Ferry

Old April 26th 04, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
GTombleson

Default Ferry

My wife and I will be doing 3 months in Europe in August.

We are looking at a few Ferry options:
1) Ferry from Italy to Greece
2) Ferry from Greece to the Greek Islands
3) Ferry from Italy to Sicily
4) Ferry from Sicily to Genoa/France

From my limited web surfing I can see that Ferries are going to be very
expensive!

Can anyone give advice on how to get cheap Ferry tickets? Or perhaps plan a
route which makes efficient use of Ferries?

Any help much appreciated
Thanks
Gareth

Old April 26th 04, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
klyne

--
"GTombleson" wrote in message
. ..
My wife and I will be doing 3 months in Europe in August.

We are looking at a few Ferry options:
1) Ferry from Italy to Greece
2) Ferry from Greece to the Greek Islands
3) Ferry from Italy to Sicily
4) Ferry from Sicily to Genoa/France

From my limited web surfing I can see that Ferries are going to be very
expensive!

Can anyone give advice on how to get cheap Ferry tickets? Or perhaps plan

route which makes efficient use of Ferries?

Any help much appreciated
Thanks

Gareth

Not quite sure by what you mean by being expensive. Things are as they are
and you need to plan around them. When we were in Venice we noticed a ferry
going to Greece full of caravans and motorhomes. Follow this link for info
http://www.ferries.gr/minoan/venice.htm When you have finished your research
it would be very useful for you to report back with any information.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old April 26th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
TP

"GTombleson" wrote:

My wife and I will be doing 3 months in Europe in August.

We are looking at a few Ferry options:
1) Ferry from Italy to Greece
2) Ferry from Greece to the Greek Islands
3) Ferry from Italy to Sicily
4) Ferry from Sicily to Genoa/France

From my limited web surfing I can see that Ferries are going to be very
expensive!

Can anyone give advice on how to get cheap Ferry tickets? Or perhaps plan a
route which makes efficient use of Ferries?

The ferry you want runs from Brindisi in Italy. It might appear
expensive, but given the distance travelled, it is one of the cheapest
car ferries in Europe per nautical mile (or other unit of distance).

Old April 27th 04, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
GTombleson

Thanks David,

I take your point-Ferries cost what they cost-but I was more trying to find
information on getting the best deal! After a few phone calls I have learned
that the evening sailings are cheaper than the day sailing etc-little things
that if you are in the know and have an extra day or so you can save a load
of cash.

I was also keen to hear from people who had taken some of my ferry
routes-for example the Italy to Greece ferries who could give me some
pointers as to which ferry to take-for example I can get to Greece from
Ancona or Venice and land in Igoumentisa directly or go via Corfu etc..??

I would love to find a website that showed all the European Ferry routes so
I could look at all my options.

Any help please??

Thanks
Gareth

"klyne" wrote in message

"GTombleson" wrote in message
. ..
My wife and I will be doing 3 months in Europe in August.

We are looking at a few Ferry options:
1) Ferry from Italy to Greece
2) Ferry from Greece to the Greek Islands
3) Ferry from Italy to Sicily
4) Ferry from Sicily to Genoa/France

From my limited web surfing I can see that Ferries are going to be very
expensive!

Can anyone give advice on how to get cheap Ferry tickets? Or perhaps

plan
route which makes efficient use of Ferries?

Any help much appreciated
Thanks

Gareth

Not quite sure by what you mean by being expensive. Things are as they are
and you need to plan around them. When we were in Venice we noticed a

ferry
going to Greece full of caravans and motorhomes. Follow this link for info
http://www.ferries.gr/minoan/venice.htm When you have finished your

research
it would be very useful for you to report back with any information.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
Details of our Caravan Travels in the UK and Europe with help and advice

and
site reports

Old April 29th 04, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Geert Koffeman

Italian ferries are dealt with at:
http://www.traghettionline.net/eng/index.asp

I booked with them from Genoa - Palermo last september and that went very
smoothly.

Cheers
Geert

.. .

"klyne" wrote in message

"GTombleson" wrote in message
. ..
My wife and I will be doing 3 months in Europe in August.

We are looking at a few Ferry options:
1) Ferry from Italy to Greece
2) Ferry from Greece to the Greek Islands
3) Ferry from Italy to Sicily
4) Ferry from Sicily to Genoa/France

From my limited web surfing I can see that Ferries are going to be

very

Old May 19th 04, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Photis

Hi, this might come pretty late, but maybe it's still useful to
someone.
I'm a belgian national living in Crete and travel regularly by ferry
from Italy to Greece, and further to Crete. I've been using the
services of http://www.greekferries.gr many times and have always been
pleased with their level of support. They seem to have native English
speakers (and German too judging from the accents) on staff, which can
make quite a big difference... Ask for Anna (for English).

Photis

"klyne" wrote in message

"GTombleson" wrote in message
. ..
My wife and I will be doing 3 months in Europe in August.

We are looking at a few Ferry options:
1) Ferry from Italy to Greece
2) Ferry from Greece to the Greek Islands
3) Ferry from Italy to Sicily
4) Ferry from Sicily to Genoa/France

From my limited web surfing I can see that Ferries are going to be