Wild Camping North Devon Help !

Old April 26th 04, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Leon

Default Wild Camping North Devon Help !

I am going to Croyde Bay the week after next and I want to know does anyone
know if there any nice spots - you know sea view etc - near Barnstaple for a
overnight on the way down ?

Leon

Old April 27th 04, 06:26 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Barleycorn

We spent a few days on Exmoor in Febuary. We found several places to stop
actually on the moor, we had one night overlooking the sea just East of
Lynton. Having said that, it was out of season, don't know what rights we
have got to wild camp on Exmoor. If it's anything like the New Forest they
want to funnel you into one of their own campsites and rip you off! There's
nothing worse than some jobsworth banging on the window at 7.00 in the
morning while your still in bed!
If you wanted to push the boat out we did stay for a couple of nights at a
pub campsite, http://www.blackcockinn.com/ ,
which had showers etc, but I thought that it was a little bit pricey for
what it offered, and was at the bottom of a hill, so no views.

Cheers, Barleycorn.

Old April 27th 04, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
GTombleson

Leon- you might as well go all the way to Croyde..

I've wild camped in Croyde- head out of Croyde (after 8 pints at the
Thatch!) towards Saunton-there are a couple of pullovers on the right about
1 mile out of Croyde- we were never bothered..

Just keep it clean and tidy and I'm sure you'll be fine

news:[email protected]

Old April 27th 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Vines[_2_]

"GTombleson" wrote in message
.. .
Leon- you might as well go all the way to Croyde..

I've wild camped in Croyde- head out of Croyde (after 8 pints at the
Thatch!) towards Saunton-there are a couple of pullovers on the right

about
1 mile out of Croyde- we were never bothered..

Just keep it clean and tidy and I'm sure you'll be fine

Is that the little winding coast road, with the big drop that goes from
Croyde to Saunton Sands?

Old April 27th 04, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Leon

Thanks guys,

I sometimes look @ www.wildcamping.co.uk but it seems to have gone AWOL !

Leon

Old April 28th 04, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
GTombleson

It certainly is Andy-and you couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting!
There are also pullovers on the way to Puttsborough Beach..

My only advice is to not do this when Croyde goes crazy in August as if
everyone wild camped the place would be crazy..But until the height of
Summer Croyde is nice and sleepy

--
Gareth Tombleson
(07903) 583320

Old April 28th 04, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Vines[_2_]

"GTombleson" wrote in message
. ..
It certainly is Andy-and you couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting!
There are also pullovers on the way to Puttsborough Beach..

My only advice is to not do this when Croyde goes crazy in August as if
everyone wild camped the place would be crazy..But until the height of
Summer Croyde is nice and sleepy

We are going down to Hidden Valley Camp Site (Again) at West Down towards
the end of May, my thoughts are now I could go the night before I am due on
site and park up around there.

Cheers.

Old April 28th 04, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Clarke

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:41:21 +0100, Leon wrote:

Thanks guys,

I sometimes look @ www.wildcamping.co.uk but it seems to have gone AWOL !

Leon

There are also wild camping locations listed at
http://www.motorhome-list.org.uk/sto...opovers_uk.htm

No reasonable ones in N. Devon however.

There is the facility to recommend stopovers for inclusion on the
site....

According to the Exmoor National Park website, wild camping isn't
permitted.

--
Andy Clarke

www.UKMotorhomes.net - The UK Motorhome Website - articles, information, free classifieds, etc