2nd Severn bridge Toll charges ??????

Old April 27th 04, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
tom

Default 2nd Severn bridge Toll charges ??????

Hi

Anyone got an Idea on what the toll charge is for a 20' Motorhome on the 2nd
Severn bridge. I know it's 4.60 for a car and 4.60 for a caravan. Been to
there website but no tariff for a motorhome.

TIA.

Tom.

Old April 28th 04, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ROBIN DUMPLETON

Was 8.60 for tranny, but don't use it often as us northerners use the M50
et al to Newport

Robin

Old April 28th 04, 05:35 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
riccip[_10_]

"ROBIN DUMPLETON" wrote:

Was 8.60 for tranny,

So they do charge extra for Motorcaravans? I'd always assumed it
would be like the Dartford crossing where we all pay the same as
a car.

but don't use it often as us northerners use the M50
et al to Newport

Same here from the Midlands. Much nicer route as well. Only ever
used the Severn Bridge once back in 1995, in an Astra car-derived
van and got stung for the full whack. ****ed me off so much I'd
build a raft before using it again on principle.

As I understand it the Severn Bridge charges you to get *in* to
Wales but it's free to get out.

riccip
Old April 28th 04, 06:31 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Barleycorn

Last summer it was the same as a car, and that was in a 24' converted bus,
no arguments from them either!!

Barleycorn.

Old April 28th 04, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Clarke

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:00:59 +0100, tom wrote:

Hi

Anyone got an Idea on what the toll charge is for a 20' Motorhome on the 2nd
Severn bridge. I know it's 4.60 for a car and 4.60 for a caravan. Been to
there website but no tariff for a motorhome.

We came over in Feb this year with a 6.7m A-class - the tariff is the
same as for a car, unlike the new M6 toll road......

--
Andy Clarke

www.UKMotorhomes.net - The UK Motorhome Website - articles, information, free classifieds, etc
Old April 28th 04, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
CampinGazz

"Andy Clarke" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:00:59 +0100, tom wrote:

Hi

Anyone got an Idea on what the toll charge is for a 20' Motorhome on the

2nd
Severn bridge. I know it's 4.60 for a car and 4.60 for a caravan. Been

there website but no tariff for a motorhome.

We came over in Feb this year with a 6.7m A-class - the tariff is the
same as for a car, unlike the new M6 toll road......

Motorhomes are classed as cars, MOT is a class 4.. same as car, road tax is
plg, same as a car, and on the log book it wont list the weight anymore as
it did when the van was a commercial vehicle (i know this as i've recently
had my log book changed to a motorhome after having a coachbuilt body built
on the van's chassis)

so most toll bridges you are in effect a car,

unfortunately the M6 toll road uses the french system of bonnet height to
calculate the charge, so even people carriers get charged as a van.. or at
least they try, complaining can usually get the superviser to come over and
get it changed to the car rate, but i don't think a motorhome has managed
this yet.

Old April 29th 04, 06:39 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
tom

Thanks for replies. off to wales this morning from swindon to wales so you
see I get to pay :-( Still I will let you all know what I get charged on my
return home monday. once again thanks to all.

tom.

Old April 29th 04, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Paul Jerome[_3_]

"tom" wrote in message
Hi

Anyone got an Idea on what the toll charge is for a 20' Motorhome on the

2nd
Severn bridge. I know it's 4.60 for a car and 4.60 for a caravan. Been

there website but no tariff for a motorhome.

TIA.

Tom.

I was charged as a car in a 20 foot A class.

Paul

Old May 2nd 04, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ROBIN DUMPLETON

"riccip" wrote in message As I understand
it the Severn Bridge charges you to get *in* to
Wales but it's free to get out.

riccip

Says something about Wales but still tring to figure out what ;-))