A Caravan forum. Caravan Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Caravan Banter forum » Caravan, Motor Homes and Camping Newsgroups » UK Motor Caravans
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

UK Motor Caravans (uk.rec.motorcaravans)

Anybody own a newish import or know owt about gas regulators?



 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old April 30th 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Thackeray
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Anybody own a newish import or know owt about gas regulators?

Well it's like this.

Bought a Rimor from Italy the other week, brought it back and now the search
has begun to find a way of easily sorting out a way of connecting the van to
UK gas cylinders.

The regulator on board at the moment is a GOK 30mbar regulator with what can
only be described as a screw-on connector with a prong sticking out of the
middle, where it should connect to a pigtail or hose/gas cylinder.

The regulator is shown he

http://www.gok-online.de/englisch/pr...rafik/fg-1.jpg

I've had all sorts of problems trying to fathom what I should do next to get
it connected to a propane cylinder. Someone on one of the forums
(motorhomefacts.com) has a Eura Mobil van and the same regulator, but a
screw-in accessory which connects to the cylinder. But I don't know what
part this is or where to get one from because his was with the van.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions what I should do from here, apart from
freeze this weekend?!

Appreciated all!

Dave


Ads
  #2 (permalink)  
Old May 1st 04, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ROBIN DUMPLETON
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 210
Default Anybody own a newish import or know owt about gas regulators?

Had this before with German and Irish cylinders which have the same
connection.
You need a POL to german/Irish adapter. Try Tankgas on 0121 506 2760

Robin

"Tone" wrote in message
...
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:01:45 +0100, "Dave Thackeray"
wrote:

Well it's like this.

Bought a Rimor from Italy the other week, brought it back and now the

search
has begun to find a way of easily sorting out a way of connecting the van

to
UK gas cylinders.

The regulator on board at the moment is a GOK 30mbar regulator with what

can
only be described as a screw-on connector with a prong sticking out of

the
middle, where it should connect to a pigtail or hose/gas cylinder.

The regulator is shown he

http://www.gok-online.de/englisch/pr...rafik/fg-1.jpg

I've had all sorts of problems trying to fathom what I should do next to

get
it connected to a propane cylinder. Someone on one of the forums
(motorhomefacts.com) has a Eura Mobil van and the same regulator, but a
screw-in accessory which connects to the cylinder. But I don't know what
part this is or where to get one from because his was with the van.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions what I should do from here, apart from
freeze this weekend?!

Appreciated all!

Dave


You go to a caravan or Motorcaravan shop

You buy a UK regulator for Propane or Butane for 30mbar .
You then buy a Gas bottle

You connect it up and light the gas.




  #3 (permalink)  
Old May 1st 04, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
riccip[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Anybody own a newish import or know owt about gas regulators?

Tone wrote:

On Sat, 1 May 2004 15:10:05 +0000 (UTC), "ROBIN DUMPLETON"
wrote:

Had this before with German and Irish cylinders which have the same
connection.
You need a POL to german/Irish adapter. Try Tankgas on 0121 506 2760

Robin


Why ?
With my LMC all I did was to take the German regulator off and buy a
regulator of the correct pressure and bung that on then use a UK
propane bottle.

Worked fine


Should also be cheaper than an adaptor.

riccip
  #4 (permalink)  
Old May 2nd 04, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ROBIN DUMPLETON
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 210
Default Anybody own a newish import or know owt about gas regulators?

Nowt init but 30mb regs's are retailing at 7-8 quid which is a bit of a rip
off, but a lot of the German/continental vans have leak and quantity
detectors which don't work if you replace the reg.
Robin

"riccip" wrote in message
...
Tone wrote:

On Sat, 1 May 2004 15:10:05 +0000 (UTC), "ROBIN DUMPLETON"
wrote:

Had this before with German and Irish cylinders which have the same
connection.
You need a POL to german/Irish adapter. Try Tankgas on 0121 506 2760

Robin


Why ?
With my LMC all I did was to take the German regulator off and buy a
regulator of the correct pressure and bung that on then use a UK
propane bottle.

Worked fine


Should also be cheaper than an adaptor.

riccip



  #5 (permalink)  
Old May 4th 04, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bob Douglas
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 275
Default Anybody own a newish import or know owt about gas regulators?

"Dave Thackeray" wrote in message
.. .
Well it's like this.

Bought a Rimor from Italy the other week, brought it back and now the

search
has begun to find a way of easily sorting out a way of connecting the van

to
UK gas cylinders.


snip

Does anyone have ANY suggestions what I should do from here, apart from
freeze this weekend?!

Appreciated all!

Dave


I suspect this is not unlike the fixed 30mb regulators now mandatory in UK
(and most of Europe).

If so, most caravan dealers should now be able to supply both propane and
butane hp adaptors.

Otherwise, try
http://www.calormarineshop.co.uk/aca...gas_hoses.html

which was the first hit I got on Google.

Both propane and butane adaptor hoses for euro 30mb regulators (mail order).

Bob
--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
Antispam measures in force - remove nobumf from address to reply
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00





 



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6
Copyright 2004-2019 Caravan Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.