Airide (Air Suspension) Pressure ?

Old May 26th 04, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SandS

Default Airide (Air Suspension) Pressure ?

Hi. I have an AS Talsiman with Firestone's Air Assisted rear
suspension but no idea what pressure to run it at. I'm on 50psi
atm which seems reasonable ?

Also, Is it ok to leave it pumped up permanently or are you
supposed to let it down in storage (particularly say over winter
?).

Thank you,
Steve

Old May 28th 04, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SandS

Top man as always Mr C.
Thank you for the advice.
Steve

"CampinGazz" wrote in message
The pressure is entirely upto you, it's a comfort thing, too

many things
change what one person calls comfortable.. tyre pressures, typr

type (stiff
sidewalls etc) suspension type, age, stiffness etc, shock

absorber
condition, make, van loading,

even type of road you drive it on,

there will be a minimum and maximum pressure to run the air

bags at.. too
low and you could rip the bag, too high and you could burst it,

but that's
usually something like 10 and 100 psi respectively.

the only thing to do is try different pressures, if you like

the ride at 50
psi, but think it still leans too much on roundabouts, put it

upto 55 psi,
too harsh, lower it a bit, that's the great thing about these

kits, you can
adjust them infinatably.

i can't see any reason not to leave it pumped up in storage,

that's what
they are supposed to do anyway, they are very simple things in

reality, just
a rubber bellow after all, it'll prolly go down a bit in

storage, so check
the pressure before driving off so you don't take a roundabout

at the speed
you usually do with the air bags working, and find out they've

gone too soft
to keep the roll down