motorhomes

Old May 30th 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
nick[_2_]

Default motorhomes

Hello all
my name is Nick and after years off nearly but not quite buying a
van I finally got one that's where my problem starts .I've never heard
of the make before it's a dodge 50 newlander 6 coachbuilt it was first
registered in 1980 it has a 4liter diesel Perkins engine no power
steering Arnold Schwarzenegger eat your heart out. Double wheels on
the back Axel and it is plated not mot I was just wondering if anybody
has heard of them before or who the maker's are any information will
be greatly appreciated thanks in advance Nick
Old June 6th 04, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
g.caffrey5

Cardinal sin to turn the wheel while the vehicle is stopped. You ned to try
and keep it on the move throughout the manouver or it settles and the
contact patch is slightly greater.

Gary
"nick" wrote in message
om...
riccip wrote in message

. ..
(nick) wrote:

Hello all
my name is Nick and after years off nearly but not quite buying a
van I finally got one that's where my problem starts .I've never heard
of the make before it's a dodge 50 newlander 6 coachbuilt it was first
registered in 1980 it has a 4liter diesel Perkins engine no power
steering Arnold Schwarzenegger eat your heart out. Double wheels on
the back Axel and it is plated not mot I was just wondering if anybody
has heard of them before or who the maker's are any information will
be greatly appreciated thanks in advance Nick

I remember a UK firm called Newlander used to make a range of
budget-priced coachbuilts in the late 70's, mainly based on
Toyota Hiace and Datsun Cabstar chassis. Don't think they were
around too long after that though. Perhaps yours was the top of
their range. Dodge was a relative newcomer to the British van
market back then.

If the steering feels too heavy it may help to check you've got
the front tyre pressures high enough, and get the steering
geometry inspected while you're at it.

riccip

Thanks riccip checked the pressures all ok. The steering is fine when
you are rolling but when parking its just heavy.
nick