Talbot Express/Citroen c25d fuel guage sender unit.

Old June 20th 04, 03:10 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
david mabberley

Default Talbot Express/Citroen c25d fuel guage sender unit.

Hi everybody.
Need some advice on fitting a new fuel gauge sender unit on my Citroen C25D.
Has anyone fitted one before, can I just drop the tank down or will I have
to take the tank right out?.
Any advice would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Old June 22nd 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bob Douglas

"david mabberley" wrote in message
Hi everybody.
Need some advice on fitting a new fuel gauge sender unit on my Citroen

C25D.
Has anyone fitted one before, can I just drop the tank down or will I have
to take the tank right out?.
Any advice would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.

I did have one replaced (from new) on a Talbot Express Diesel some years
ago.

I think, though I'm not sure, that it can be done by not dropping the tank,
but gaining access under the cab floor rubber matting by removing a cover.

I think this is the case on the current Ducato/Boxer, but I'm pretty sure
it was the same on the old model (my memory is less reliable than it used to
be).

Worth a quick check

Bob
--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old June 23rd 04, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
riccip

"Bob Douglas" wrote:

I think, though I'm not sure, that it can be done by not dropping the tank,
but gaining access under the cab floor rubber matting by removing a cover.

That's a damned good tip. Well worth a pint if it works. :-)

riccip