Rip-Off UK Fuel Prices

Old June 30th 04, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles.classic,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.cars.vw.aircooled
riccip

Default Rip-Off UK Fuel Prices

Iraq's new govt is pumping out oil like there's no tomorrow, the
OPEC states have eased off the pressure and Norway has settled
with unions to return production to normal. Oil prices have
plummeted to their lowest levels in 2 months and the future looks
bright and rosey.

So why are we still paying top whack for fuel? Our pump prices
haven't dropped a penny and there are no immediate plans for any
reduction. Remember how quickly they shot up at the mere
suggestion of stormy weather ahead?

riccip
Old June 30th 04, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles.classic,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.cars.vw.aircooled
Paul - xxx

riccip typed:

Nothing of interest ...

Get a friggin' bus.

--
Paul ...

(8(|) ... Homer Rocks

Old June 30th 04, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles.classic,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.cars.vw.aircooled
Marlon Cole

:
:So why are we still paying top whack for fuel? Our pump prices
:haven't dropped a penny and there are no immediate plans for any
:reduction. Remember how quickly they shot up at the mere
:suggestion of stormy weather ahead?
:
:riccip

Erm - on the Biz Nooz on teevee just this morning, a good hour or so before
your posting date, was a report that the (very) recent fall in crude price is
already filtering through to the forecourts.

Now whether the price returns to the levels of 2 months ago, if the price of
crude has truly fallen to those levels, remains to be seen......

Marlon

Old June 30th 04, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles.classic,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.cars.vw.aircooled
Guest

Get a friggin' bus.

No help, seen the price on Diesel?
took 150 to fill my Bella Vega coach up.

Old June 30th 04, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles.classic,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.cars.vw.aircooled
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:08:25 GMT, riccip
enlightened us thusly:

So why are we still paying top whack for fuel? Our pump prices
haven't dropped a penny and there are no immediate plans for any
reduction. Remember how quickly they shot up at the mere
suggestion of stormy weather ahead?

2ppl lower than a couple of weeks ago, here.

--
Austin Shackles. www.ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk my opinions are just that
"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then
Old June 30th 04, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles.classic,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.cars.vw.aircooled
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:46:07 +0100,
enlightened us thusly:

Get a friggin' bus.

No help, seen the price on Diesel?
took 150 to fill my Bella Vega coach up.

service buses get rebated fuel, of course. Unlike the rest of us who do
various species of public transport such as moving kids to school. Local
council next-door (Ceredigion) have just handed a lot of school contracts to
one of the big national bus companies, who will doubtless finagle the
contracts into service routes so as to use rebated fuel, and thereby have
shafted royally the local bus companies who have been doing this work as
"bread-and-butter" for years; doubtless several of these, in the current
climate, will go down the tubes or at least lay people off.

very bloody helpful to the local community, and a typical cost-driven
decision which takes only the bottom line into account.

Old June 30th 04, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles.classic,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.cars.vw.aircooled
riccip

Austin Shackles wrote:

2ppl lower than a couple of weeks ago, here.

Depends where you are but that's bucking the national average. It
went up more than that within 24 hours of the crude price topping
$40/barrel. Over the last 3 weeks the wholesale price of petrol
has dropped by 25% (source: The Guardian).

riccip
Old June 30th 04, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles.classic,uk.rec.motorcaravans,uk.rec.cars.vw.aircooled
Timo Geusch

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.motorcycles.classic.]
riccip was seen penning the following ode to ... whatever:
Iraq's new govt is pumping out oil like there's no tomorrow, the
OPEC states have eased off the pressure and Norway has settled
with unions to return production to normal. Oil prices have
plummeted to their lowest levels in 2 months

.... which is still considerably higher than it was before certain
"world leaders" decided to light some fireworks in someone else's back
garden.

and the future looks bright and rosey.

No, that'll be a couple of refineries burning in I??q.

So why are we still paying top whack for fuel? Our pump prices
haven't dropped a penny and there are no immediate plans for any
reduction. Remember how quickly they shot up at the mere
suggestion of stormy weather ahead?

It's a German conspiracy, aided and abetted by the French. They're
trying to cheat the poor hassled UK consumers out of their superior
currency.
--
Timo Geusch
Moto Morini Corsaro 125 | Bimota YB7 | Pan European ABS/CBS/TCS | CB450 K4
Old July 1st 04, 01:48 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles.classic,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Hall

So how long do you reckon it takes for the $40 a barrel to get used up? How
much oil is in transit (not the Ford!) at the $40 a barrel price?
Stop worrying about the price of fuel and start worrying about how long it will
take the NHS to sort out your ulcers.

--
Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club