Buying a camper in france

Old July 6th 04, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Dave Widgery

Default Buying a camper in france

Hi

I am intending to move to the south of France, and would like to buy a
second hand campervan to provide some cheap accommodation so that I can
fully explore and search for houses. If anyone has any experience of buying
vans in France and could point me in the direction of any useful websites it
would be much appreciated.

Also as I am new to the whole subject maybe somebody could suggest a make
and model of van that would be most suitable, the criteria is as follows.

Cheap!
Well less that 10,000

Engine & Gearbox
My partner requires hand controls, therefore it has to be automatic for the
same reason must also have power steering, it needs to be economical
therefore Diesel is preferable.

Size
We would like to keep the camper to use after we have bought a house and it
is likely that we will wish to use it as a secondary if not primary car. It
will need to sleep 2 comfortably any more would be a bonus.

Other facilities
We do not want to always have to rely on camp sites, therefore a toilet and
shower if very desirable in that order. 4X4 would be nice but not essential,
as we are going to be using it during the winter, some sort of heating is
also desirable.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Regards
Dave