Must pass on this little True Story

« - | - »

Old July 8th 04, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Capstick

Default Must pass on this little True Story

I once knew a retired man who lived in a large american type motorhome.

He is now unfortunately dead, god rest him,
His name was Patrick and he used to park up a lot at Pool Market Nr Redruth
Cornwall

I shall always remember the day i asked him "what did he do if he had yob
problems etc"

He was at the time stood in his doorway with the top half of his stable type
door open.

He told me that if he wanted some peace and noisy yobbos turned up he would
first ask them to be quiet.

Generally the response would be a load of lip
so he would then beckon them over to his van.

As he was talking to me he said then he showed them this,
with that he leaned a double barrell shotgun against the bottom half of the
door with the barrells poking out at the top.

There was no mistaking what it was and it frightened even me as we spoke.

He said I show them that and they soon **** off..

I was a little worried and asked if anyone he had showed the gun, had ever
called the police on him.

Yes he replied and when they turn up i show them this.

With that he picked up his double barrell shotgun and showed me it butt and
all.

It was in fact a Broom with 'barrells only' one end and short broom handle
and broom the other.

As he had leaned it up from inside and i was outside i could only see the
barrel and was as the yobs must have been 'completely taken in'.

He also had a Baseball Bat and two dogs
but he said that his sweeping brush c/w double barrel had never failed to
work....

---

Old July 9th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Leon

LOL :-)

shame we have to resort to such actions thou'