Loo`s

Old July 10th 03, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
simon

Default Loo`s

I have a porti pooti, I want to update it. My caravan is Abbey Lancaster
1987. Am I able to put in a Thetford or is it not as simple as that. I am a
capable ~DIY type.

Old July 10th 03, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CampinGazz

"simon" wrote in message
I have a porti pooti, I want to update it. My caravan is Abbey Lancaster
1987. Am I able to put in a Thetford or is it not as simple as that. I am

capable ~DIY type.

If you have the room, then it can be done, they come with diy fitting
instructions for retro fitting to a van,

You'll need room on the wall and through it for the access door to empty the
cassette, that's fairly straight forwars, a template is provided in the
instructions so you cant go far wrong fitting the door, the panel you cut
out is trimmed down to make the door skin, it all clamps in place so looks
neat, and there is a small room for errors with the flange fixing,

If you get the basic model, that's all you need to do, otehr than screw it
down to the floor,
if you go for the ones fed off the main water supply then you'll need to run
a cold water pipe to it from the vans internal plumbing, depending on where
the sink is in relation to the new loo's position depends how hard this job
is, and also you'll need 12 volts for the solenoid that lets the water in to
flush it,
but most caravans tend to have the manual pump types fitted, which you just
need to fill the water resovoir up every so often, and pump like you do now
with the porta potty, or get the one with the resovoir and electric pump, it
is nice having to just press a button to flush the thing.

Old July 11th 03, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Williams

"CampinGazz" wrote in message

. . . fill the water resovoir up every so often, and pump like you do
now with the porta potty, or get the one with the resovoir and electric
pump, it is nice having to just press a button to flush the thing.

Yes. I suppose it is. But what I'd really like is a little button that
empties it ;-)

Mike

Old July 13th 03, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Smith

Just try politely asking the wife or kids to do it! I did but it didn't
work!!!
Dave

Old July 14th 03, 12:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

The problem is what do you use to reach the flushing point if it is several
pitches away and what about the health hazard?

Cheers, Peter.

snipped

: | Yes. I suppose it is. But what I'd really like is a little button that
: | empties it ;-)
: |
: | Mike
: |
: |
: |
:
:

Old July 14th 03, 06:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:11:15 +0100, "Mike Williams"
wrote:

| "CampinGazz" wrote in message
|
| . . . fill the water resovoir up every so often, and pump like you do
| now with the porta potty, or get the one with the resovoir and electric
| pump, it is nice having to just press a button to flush the thing.
|
| Yes. I suppose it is. But what I'd really like is a little button that
| empties it ;-)

In America emptying a Camper (motorhome) loo is much easier.
Each pitch has its own black water (sewage) disposal point. You just
connect a 4 inch tube between the Camper and the disposal point.

National Parks have Camper Service points with Grey water, black water,
disposal. Potable water supply, etc.

Dave Fawthrop Franklin Mint. Contact
http://tinyurl.com/gp3o. Diana was IMO the best of the royals.
Support The Diana, Princess of Wales memorial fund.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/monarchy/s...996249,00.html

Old July 14th 03, 06:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Williams

"Peter Milnes" wrote in message
The problem is what do you use to reach the flushing point if it is

several
pitches away and what about the health hazard?

It was a joke, Peter. Didn't you notice the smiley ;-)

Besides, you could always put the button on the dashboard so that you can
flush it as you drive off the site :-)

Mike

Old July 14th 03, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:54:08 +0100, "Mike Williams"
wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
|
| In America emptying a Camper (motorhome) loo is much easier.
| Each pitch has its own black water (sewage) disposal point. You just
| connect a 4 inch tube between the Camper and the disposal point.
|
| There are some over here, too, but they are few and far between. In general,
| though, they are quite expensive sites, although that is understandable. The
| other facilities on such sites are usually top notch as well.

The lack of publically available Camper Service Points in the UK, which
exist in American National Parks, must make motorhomes so equipped more or
less useless in the UK.

Dave F
Old July 20th 03, 12:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jacqui Caren

"Mike Williams" wrote in news:betje9$fad$1
@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk:

Besides, you could always put the button on the dashboard so that you can
flush it as you drive off the site :-)

A way to complain abou site conditions.

Jacqui

p.s.

Our US RV cats have a 20+ft extendible scissor ramp for the waste pipe
to allow it to reach waste points far removed from the current pitch.

We dump our waste at home and rather than use one of these contractions
we are adding black and grey water waste points in the garden in
easy reach of the RV.

When we finally get baaby back on the road I suppose we will invest
or make one of these gizmos :-)

Old July 20th 03, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jacqui Caren

Dave Fawthrop wrote in
:

The lack of publically available Camper Service Points in the UK,
which exist in American National Parks, must make motorhomes so
equipped more or less useless in the UK.

No - as mentioned - we dump when we get home or wait until we can find
a convient dump point. We keep drain cover "keys" on board to help in
this process. If cat they came with the RV :-)

Jacqui