Porch awning for VW T5 Motorhome?

Old April 4th 05, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Chris[_4_]

Default Porch awning for VW T5 Motorhome?

I am looking for a porch type awning to fit on the side of a VW T5
based motorhome. Everything I have seen so far seems to be either
designed for caravan height or to emphasise space whereas all I really
want is a small covered area to shield the sliding door and provide a
bit of undercover storage space. It has to be quick and easy to erect
or it would not be used on overnight stops. Any suggestions would be
very welcome.
Old April 4th 05, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bob Douglas

"Chris" wrote in message
I am looking for a porch type awning to fit on the side of a VW T5
based motorhome. Everything I have seen so far seems to be either
designed for caravan height or to emphasise space whereas all I really
want is a small covered area to shield the sliding door and provide a
bit of undercover storage space. It has to be quick and easy to erect
or it would not be used on overnight stops. Any suggestions would be
very welcome.

Possibly a bit bigger than you want, but look at www.reimo.co.uk under
awnings

Bob

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old April 5th 05, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Vines

"Chris" wrote in message
I am looking for a porch type awning to fit on the side of a VW T5
based motorhome. Everything I have seen so far seems to be either
designed for caravan height or to emphasise space whereas all I really
want is a small covered area to shield the sliding door and provide a
bit of undercover storage space. It has to be quick and easy to erect
or it would not be used on overnight stops. Any suggestions would be
very welcome.

If you want it toi be easy for overnight stops, have a look at the Kyham
ones, not porch awnings, but very quick to erect.

http://www.campershop.co.uk/awnings/kyham.htm

Andy

Old April 5th 05, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Barleycorn

I have been looking at these to solve my washing problems! (See earlier
post).

I was wondering if anyone made an awning that would hang down from the
tailgate, ie use the tailgate as the roof.

Another option that I have found is the 'Handy tent' from Argos. May be
worth a look.

http://www.argos.co.uk/ProductDispla...Number=0194480

I am in the South, so I will have a look around the Newbury show in May.

Cheers, Barleycorn.

Old April 6th 05, 07:46 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Terry Minshall

Have a look at this one. We have a size 1 version of this awning for our
Autosleeper Recro, which is a similar size to your VW.

Hope this helps
http://www.dorema.co.uk/bustent.htm

Terry Minshall

Old April 6th 05, 07:47 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Vines

"Barleycorn" wrote in message
I have been looking at these to solve my washing problems! (See earlier
post).

I was wondering if anyone made an awning that would hang down from the
tailgate, ie use the tailgate as the roof.

Another option that I have found is the 'Handy tent' from Argos. May be
worth a look.

http://www.argos.co.uk/ProductDispla...Number=0194480

I am in the South, so I will have a look around the Newbury show in May.

Cheers, Barleycorn.

http://camperlands.co.uk/store/erol.html#838x

Has an awning suitable for estate cars etc, maybe that may be of some use.

Seen a Landrover with one down the New Forest last year.

Old April 6th 05, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Chris[_4_]

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:29:47 GMT, "Barleycorn"
wrote:

I was wondering if anyone made an awning that would hang down from the
tailgate, ie use the tailgate as the roof.

The Reimo range includes one model that fits the V5 tailgate but has
its own roof see http://www.reimo.co.uk/id59.htm