Child Seat for LapBelt.

Old April 20th 05, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SandS

Default Child Seat for LapBelt.

The little one (age 3) will shortly outgrow the present car seat
which uses the lapbelt in the back of the van and has its own
built in 4-point harness. I'm not having any luck locating a seat
in the next size up that is suitable for a lapbelt, i.e. also has
its own harness and does not rely on the lapbelt holding the
child into a booster-cushion afair. Does anyone know of such a
thing in the UK?

Old April 26th 05, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bob Douglas

"SandS" wrote in message
The little one (age 3) will shortly outgrow the present car seat which
uses the lapbelt in the back of the van and has its own built in 4-point
harness. I'm not having any luck locating a seat in the next size up that
is suitable for a lapbelt, i.e. also has its own harness and does not rely
on the lapbelt holding the child into a booster-cushion afair. Does anyone
know of such a thing in the UK?

I'm assuming the issue is use of a lap belt, rather than lap and diagonal
(since there are a number of seats that seem suitable for the latter against
your criteria).

A good few years ago, when I was researching similar issues of restraining
growing kids, the In-Car Safety Centre in Milton Keynes was mentioned in the
motorhome press as a source of more out-of-the-ordinary seats. From Memory I
think they were then offering one with a wrap-around that was held in place
by the lap belt (essentially a padded insert that meant the belt was much
more secure, and less likely to cause damage). From a web search they still
seem to exist, but don't appear to have a web site.

A long-shot I can't vouch for, but possibly worth a try if you've no other
leads. (A web search should pull up a tel. no.)

Bob

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00