Scratched window on new motorhome?

Old April 25th 05, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Gill

Default Scratched window on new motorhome?

Help - we've parked our brand new motorhome against a holly bush which
looks to have scratched the back window as it has blown against it in
the wind - fine scratches from the leaves, not branches. The marks
won't wash off. Is this likely to be permanent, or does anyone have
any suggestions for what might remove the marks?
Thanks, Gill

Old April 25th 05, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Gill" wrote in
message ...
Help - we've parked our brand new motorhome against a holly bush which
looks to have scratched the back window as it has blown against it in
the wind - fine scratches from the leaves, not branches. The marks
won't wash off. Is this likely to be permanent, or does anyone have
any suggestions for what might remove the marks?

Brasso or something similar should polish them out. TBH, unless you're
going to spend the whole time you use it worrying about little marks I'd
leave it alone. Otherwise you end up scratching around for campsites
without overhanging twigs, campsites without pine trees (cos the cones fall
off), campsites without kids etc etc. It's just not worth it, life's too
short.

Rgds

Andy R

Old April 25th 05, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mark[_12_]

Gill

We use AutoGlym resin polish to remove scratches, toothpaste is supposed
to work as well. Agree with Andy, your going to get more!

Mark

Andy R wrote:
"Gill" wrote in
message ...

Old April 26th 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Troggy

i think you might find something in the FENWICKS range of caravan care
products.
"Mark" wrote in message
. uk...
Gill

We use AutoGlym resin polish to remove scratches, toothpaste is supposed
to work as well. Agree with Andy, your going to get more!

Mark

Andy R wrote:
"Gill" wrote in
message ...

Old April 26th 05, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SandS

T-Cut works ok. Quite mild so takes a lot of effort on the deeper
scratches though.
You can fit a bonnet to a low RPM powerdrill and do it that way
but I believe it is important to only press lightly and not let
the bonnet dry out. .... Probably best to do it by hand!

"Mark" wrote in message
. uk...
Gill

We use AutoGlym resin polish to remove scratches, toothpaste
is supposed to work as well. Agree with Andy, your going to
get more!

Mark

Andy R wrote:
"Gill"