Demountables

Old May 2nd 05, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
vernon

Default Demountables

Hi everyone- newbie here.
I like the concept of a small demountable motorhome. The ability to
leave it on site or just to leave it at home when you can't go on
holiday and have the freedom of a separate vehicle. Has anyone tried
one and either regretted the purchase or still loves every moment in
it?
One question bugs me. Most have built in fresh water tanks. If you
wanted to stay on a site for a few days and demount the unit, what
options are available for filling up with fresh water without the
hassle of mounting up again and driving to a tap - lol! Do you make
sure you get a pitch close to a tap - unlikely. Do you carry several
hundreds of metres of hosepipe. Mmm - weight implication means
goodbye to other nice holiday accessories. Do you run to and fro to
the nearest tap with a watering can to fill up the tank?
I guess even an Aquaroll is not much good with out an external pump a
la caravans.
I welcome your views.
Thanks
Vernon

Old May 2nd 05, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ken

Easily solved Vernon. Just get yourself a 12v exterior socket fitted and
then use a big water container and 12v submersible pump straight into the
water filler. I actually use a water container with a little trolley, which
I find easier than carrying.

ken

Old May 6th 05, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
DaveK

"vernon"
wrote in message ...
Hi everyone- newbie here.
I like the concept of a small demountable motorhome. The ability to
leave it on site or just to leave it at home when you can't go on
holiday and have the freedom of a separate vehicle. Has anyone tried
one and either regretted the purchase or still loves every moment in
it?

You have 45 minutes to buy an Apollo demountable on eBay. Looks clean and
tidy, needs a bit of work on a damp patch one side.
Less than 1500.
DaveK.

Old May 9th 05, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
vernon

Many thanks Ken. I didn't know about the possibilities of external,
submersible pumps. Also realised, that the pick-up itself might just
be useful for transporting a water container to and fro. Thank you.
Appreciate your advice.

Old May 9th 05, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
vernon

I think Davek may have got my post mixed up with another one! I'm not
looking to sell a demountable on Ebay, merely keen to buy one!

Old February 14th 06, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
phil

we have an apollo demountable motorhome..after initail teething probs
its fine...as to filliing with water when demounted i have an aqua
roll and a a submersable pump which i have a 12v extension which i
connect to leisure battery or plug into car!! has anyone else got a
demountable out there and want to share tips or experiences ie
backing up tips!!! etc post a reply thanks...p k and c