Kymco 250 Grand Vista Scooter

Old May 2nd 05, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
charlie

Default Kymco 250 Grand Vista Scooter

Any thoughts on this scooter? I am considering purchasing this
and attaching it on the back of my motorhome using a VersaHaul ramp
hitch. I am new to scootering and will be purchasing safety
equipment including boots, full face helmut, all weather jacket and
gloves. Your experience and advice is
appreciated!

Old May 2nd 05, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
themechanic

First check that the extra weight overhanging is not detrimental to
the dynamics of the motorhome. The further from the rear axle the
more the pendulum effect will be. Stiffer suspension may be worth
looking into. The Kymco weighs in at over 350 lb and add to that the
weight of the carrier at 90lb you have quite a weight on the back.
You need a receiver hitch with these carriers.
As for the safety equipment, you may find the boots a little heavy for
this scooter, but generally you cannot go wrong with too much safety
equipment.
you can after all leave some of it in the motorhome when you ride.
I have just bought an enclosed trailer for my bike as the overhang and
the weights were impossible to put into effect safely. Having said
that I have a 10ft overhang and a bike weighing in at over 400Kg so
my set up is best for me. I use an open faced helmet as it takes up
less room and 2 can be easily placed into the top box when out on
foot.
As your new to scooters, it might be worth your while taking a CBT
course from any local training establishment.