fuel costs

Old May 2nd 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
colin and Annie

Default fuel costs

We are due to travel through europe, our route will be through France,
Germany, Austria, Slovinia, Italy, Switzerland, and France again. Does
any body no the fuel prices(diesel) in each of the countrys mentioned
and are the lpg connections the same ? any advice would be
appreciated.

Colin

Old May 2nd 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
CampinGazz

"colin and Annie" wrote in
message ...
We are due to travel through europe, our route will be through France,
Germany, Austria, Slovinia, Italy, Switzerland, and France again. Does
any body no the fuel prices(diesel) in each of the countrys mentioned
and are the lpg connections the same ? any advice would be
appreciated.

Fuel prices.. dunno it'll be out of date by the time you get there anyway..
check teletext motoring, of the web for an upto the minute euro fuel price
guide,

I do know if you can.. make a drive through luxemburg.. last time i was
there diesel was the equivelent of 39p a litre, lpg was something even
sillier.. i filled my 30 litre gas tank for 4 euro's, costs a tenner over
here.

LPG connections, different for most countries.. the one we use over here is
the dutch bayonet, you'll find it in holland.. surprise surprise and
occasional other places in other countries where tourst's go through.

france you use the french cup type of filler, same in italy, other countries
it'll prolly be one of the screw threads.. there's the acme thread and a
smaller version,

Dont buy the adaptors over here unless you have a really strange filler on
your van/bottles... a proper dutch bayonet filler will have a femail screw
thread inside the top, this is to screw adaptors into.. if it's not got that
you'll need a dutch bayonet adaptor to the local one.. harder to get,

But assuming you have the standard dutch bayonet filler with the screw
thread, then 90% of the lpg filling stations sell their local adaptors, when
in france last i bought a french/italian adaptor for 3 euro's,
didn't need one for germany as i found a lpg station that used dutch bayonet
filler nozzles.

But if you buy the adaptors from over here you'll pay upto 20 quid for each
of them.. more usually 15 quid, and find you don't use half of them,
get them when you need them, and pay the real price rather than the uk's
inflated prices.

Old May 2nd 05, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
themechanic

prices for fuel in different countries, go here.
http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/fuel/motfue001.html

Old May 4th 05, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mike Williams[_2_]

"CampinGazz" wrote in message

LPG connections, different for most countries.. the one we use over
here is the dutch bayonet, you'll find it in holland.. surprise surprise

I suppose you'll have to put a Dutch cap over that then, to keep it clean
;-)

Mike

Old May 5th 05, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
David Klyne

"colin and Annie" wrote in
message ...
We are due to travel through europe, our route will be through France,
Germany, Austria, Slovinia, Italy, Switzerland, and France again. Does
any body no the fuel prices(diesel) in each of the countrys mentioned
and are the lpg connections the same ? any advice would be
appreciated.

Colin

You could have a look here
http://www.iru.org/Services/fuel/Welcome.F.html