Mains hookup cable

Old May 9th 05, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bendy Bhindy

Default Mains hookup cable

I was reading a motor caravanning magazine on the weekend & noticed an
article on checking the cable connections on electric hook-ups. The article
showed a picture of a burnt out pin that had been caused by a loose / poor
connection.
Having nothing better to do on Sunday I checked the cable that came with the
van. The live lead on the mail connector was only connected by half the
braiding of the flex & the screw was not very tight. Having rectified this I
then went onto checking the other long lead connector that I have - all was
well. Finally I checked a short lead that has a French connector on it -
this caters for the French sites that still run on old French connectors.
This lead has seen quite a bit of usage over the years - the flex retainer
had slipped and in turn this was pulling the leads from their connectors.
Moral of the story is check your hook-up leads each year & check any new
hook-up leads as it is possible that even these may have faulty connections.