Retro fit Air Con in Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD

Old May 12th 05, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Stephen and Margaret

Default Retro fit Air Con in Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD

Has anyone any experience of retro fit of air con in a Fiat Ducato 2.8
JTD campervan? ie is it effective? Is it worth the expense (approx
1,800)

Stephen

Old May 14th 05, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
JB

"Stephen and Margaret"
wrote in message
Has anyone any experience of retro fit of air con in a Fiat Ducato 2.8
JTD campervan? ie is it effective? Is it worth the expense (approx
1,800)

I'm not sure what you mean by a campervan to be honest. I've got a Fiat
Ducato 2.8 motor caravan (I'm not being pedantic - to me a campervan is
really small!).

When I bought it 2nd hand, I had them take out one of the two sky lights and
install an air conditioner and it is superb! On even the hottest days it
keeps the temperature too cold.

Old May 14th 05, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
JB

"JB" wrote in message

"Stephen and Margaret"
wrote in message
Has anyone any experience of retro fit of air con in a Fiat Ducato 2.8
JTD campervan? ie is it effective? Is it worth the expense (approx
1,800)

I'm not sure what you mean by a campervan to be honest. I've got a Fiat
Ducato 2.8 motor caravan (I'm not being pedantic - to me a campervan is
really small!).

When I bought it 2nd hand, I had them take out one of the two sky lights
and install an air conditioner and it is superb! On even the hottest days
it keeps the temperature too cold.

I forgot to say that it saves plenty in gas in the winter as I don't have
any other eclectic room heater.

Old May 15th 05, 05:08 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy_R

"JB" wrote in message

"Stephen and Margaret"
wrote in message
Has anyone any experience of retro fit of air con in a Fiat Ducato 2.8
JTD campervan? ie is it effective? Is it worth the expense (approx
1,800)

I'm not sure what you mean by a campervan to be honest. I've got a Fiat
Ducato 2.8 motor caravan (I'm not being pedantic - to me a campervan is
really small!).

When I bought it 2nd hand, I had them take out one of the two sky lights
and install an air conditioner and it is superb! On even the hottest days
it keeps the temperature too cold.

Out of interest:
1. How much power does it draw?
2. On site do you use a genny or hookup?
3. Can it operate when you're driving along?

Rgds

Andy R

Old May 15th 05, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
JB

"Andy_R" wrote in message

"JB" wrote in message

"Stephen and Margaret"
wrote in message
Has anyone any experience of retro fit of air con in a Fiat Ducato 2.8
JTD campervan? ie is it effective? Is it worth the expense (approx
1,800)

I'm not sure what you mean by a campervan to be honest. I've got a Fiat
Ducato 2.8 motor caravan (I'm not being pedantic - to me a campervan is
really small!).

When I bought it 2nd hand, I had them take out one of the two sky lights
and install an air conditioner and it is superb! On even the hottest
days it keeps the temperature too cold.

Out of interest:
1. How much power does it draw?

I'm not into DIY I'm afriad so I've got no idea.

2. On site do you use a genny or hookup?
3. Can it operate when you're driving along?

I went for the more expensive option of having an inverter set up with it.
When I'm camping I pretty much always chose hook-up (the heat only works on
hook-up anyway).

With the inverter, I can have it going when I'm driving along and when I
turn off the engine it'll continue to operate for about half an hour.