Retro fit Air Con in Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD

Old May 12th 05, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Stephen and Margaret

Default Retro fit Air Con in Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD

Has anyone any experience of retro fit of air con in a Fiat Ducato 2.8
JTD campervan? ie is it effective? Is it worth the expense (approx
1,800)

Stephen

Old May 12th 05, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy R

"Stephen and Margaret"
wrote in message
Has anyone any experience of retro fit of air con in a Fiat Ducato 2.8
JTD campervan? ie is it effective? Is it worth the expense (approx
1,800)

Take a look at http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/. I've had work done by
them and they're fair and helpful, suggest you give them a ring. I think
you also need to decide what you want and, consequently, what you're
prepared to spend. Firstly, do you want engine driven aircon so it's cool
while you're driving, this is a relatively cheap option but obviously no
good for when you're on site. If you want a roof mounted aircon for the
living space then, unless you always use hookups, you're going to need a
decent genny to run it. If you get a genny, is it going to be permanently
fitted underfloor, is it just going to sit outside and can you take the
flack from the neighbours who object to the noise?

Rgds

Andy R

Old May 12th 05, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Stephen and Margaret

Thanks Andy. I'll give them a try.

Old May 29th 05, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
suze_f

Stephen and Margaretwrote:
Has anyone any experience of retro fit of air con in a Fiat Ducato
2.8 JTD campervan? ie is it effective? Is it worth the expense
(approx 1,800)

Stephen

Hi Steven and Margaret,
Have just bought the new Swift Sundance and we are having the cab air
con fitted before we pick it up so watch this space in three weeks and
will let you know. I agree it is really expensive at 1800 but my info
is if you fit 'non -fiat' it invalidates the warranty! Have you found
you need Air Con then? We havent owned a non air conned car for 10
years that why we ordered it. Will let you know anyway kind regards,
Suze