Zig unit

Old May 14th 05, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Tom

Default Zig unit

My son has recently acquired a 1990 Talbot Bedouin Camper van which he is
trying to repair before going on holiday. The electrics seem a bit
confusing, there is something called a Zig DCU-3 unit which seems to convert
240ac to nominally 12 Volt DC, I assume it's for charging a leisure battery
when hooked up.
There are 2 batteries in the vehicle both located under the bonnet but there
does not appear to be any feed from the aux batt when the switch is on.
although there is some 13Volts on the aux battery. there is a fuse box and
the fuses seem OK.
Does anyone have a circuit diagram for this van, or failing that a
description of how it's supposed to work.
I'm a retired electronic engineer so I'm fully aware of dangers and inverter
voltages etc.
Regards
Tom

Old May 14th 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SandS

"Tom" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Tom. My 1991 AutoSleeper Talisman (Talbbot Express based) also
uses the Zig DC3 Unit. You may find the AS wiring Diagram jpg
useful. It is posted on my webpages he
http://www.jktowers.fsnet.co.uk/motorhome/

I'm not in a position to scan the actual DC3 Manual at the moment
but I'll try to get it done next week and email you a .pdf
version if you like (send me an email so I have your email
address).

Best wishes,
Steve

Old May 15th 05, 02:59 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
[email protected]

On Sat, 14 May 2005 15:48:58 +0100, "Tom"
wrote:

[...]

Came across this link it may help .

http://www.kampenwagen.co.uk/Wiring.htm

and this link which is the last one on the above article

http://www.kampenwagen.co.uk/Wiring%20diagram.htm

I found a users manual on line for the zig cf8 unit . It may help in
showing the principals of charging / distributing load on a twin
battery system.

Will try and find the link

Old May 15th 05, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Tom

wrote in message

Came across this link it may help .

http://www.kampenwagen.co.uk/Wiring.htm

and this link which is the last one on the above article

http://www.kampenwagen.co.uk/Wiring%20diagram.htm

I found a users manual on line for the zig cf8 unit . It may help in
showing the principals of charging / distributing load on a twin
battery system.

Will try and find the link

Much obliged to you J the links are very informative.
Thanks again
Tom

Old May 18th 05, 06:46 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
[email protected]

Tom

Not sure if this is what you want but I found the zig cf8 users manual
which I mentioned in my last post on

You would have to sign up but it is not difficult

When signed in go to the "files" page the zig file is in PDF format

Hope this is helpful even though it is not exactly what you asked for.

John

Old May 18th 05, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Tom

wrote in message
Tom

Not sure if this is what you want but I found the zig cf8 users manual
which I mentioned in my last post on

Many thanks, downloaded successfully
Cheers
Tom