5th Wheel Trailers

Old May 23rd 05, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
The Mad Penguin

Default 5th Wheel Trailers

Hi
Does anyone in the group have any experience of american style 5th wheel
trailers? I am considering buying one but i am concerned about the licence
requirements and the weights/dimensions, i belive some of them i have seen
advertised may be too long to be able to tow legally in the UK. I Have
class c1+e on my licence but i belive it is restricted to 8250kg total
weight when towing a trailer.
Any help would be appreciated

Graham
Old May 25th 05, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
themechanic

Don't know much myself, though if you go to a UK American club website
there are topic based threads more appropriate to these things.
http://www.aacint.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11560 is a prime
example.
Bet you get the answer there.