Calor cylinders for use in a Symbol

Old May 27th 05, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Doug Deedman

Default Calor cylinders for use in a Symbol

I have recently purchased a new Auto-Sleepers Symbol and, at present, have
just one 3.9 kg propane cylinder on board. The gas locker (internal access)
has space for one 3.9 kg cylinder and one 6 kg cylinder, which must be
placed in front of the smaller one. It seems to me that when the 3.9 kg
cylinder runs out I can easily swap the gas tail to the new, larger one, but
then the small, empty cylinder is trapped behind it, making it necessary to
disconnect the larger cylinder simply to exchange the small one. Can anyone
with a similar arrangement recommend the best way to deal with this? Is it
simpler just to carry two 3.9 kg cylinders?

Doug
Old May 27th 05, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
DaveK

Can anyone with a similar arrangement recommend the best way to deal with
this? Is it
simpler just to carry two 3.9 kg cylinders?

Think a changeover valve might suit.
DaveK.

Old May 27th 05, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
DaveK

"davek" wrote in message
Can anyone with a similar arrangement recommend the best way to deal with
this? Is it
simpler just to carry two 3.9 kg cylinders?

Think a changeover valve might suit.
DaveK.

Just looked at the Calor site. Various types available. Connects to both
cylinders- some manual, some automatic-with dial gauge too.
42 to 50.
DaveK.

Old May 28th 05, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Doug Deedman

On 27-May-2005, "davek" wrote:

Think a changeover valve might suit.
DaveK.

Just looked at the Calor site. Various types available. Connects to both
cylinders- some manual, some automatic-with dial gauge too.
42 to 50.
DaveK.

I don't think this will solve the essential problem. If the small cylinder
at the rear becomes empty and I switch cylinders with a changeover valve, I
still temporarily have to remove the now active larger cylinder to get at
the smaller one to exchange it, otherwise I shall eventually be left with
two empty cylinders. Thanks for your help and the info, anyway.

Doug