Rear door light - Autosleeper Pollensa

Old May 27th 05, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
RB News

Default Rear door light - Autosleeper Pollensa

We recently updated our old Herald Castille for a 2002 Autosleeper Pollensa,
which we are very happy with. By the back door step is a light - anyone
know how this is switched on? I have checked the bulb and it's fine, but
having tried every combination of internal courtesy light switch positions
etc I am unable to get the thing to come on . . .
cheers
Roger

Old May 28th 05, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mark[_12_]

Roger

We owned a 98 Pollensa and if it's the same light by the step your
talking about - the light is the switch. Can't remember if it's the top
or bottom of the light you press but one way will turn it on and the
other off.

HTH's
Mark

Old May 28th 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
RB News

Hi, Mark

Thanks for response - I thought of that one myself based on previous
vehicles I have owned. However, sounds like they changed the design between
98 and 02; the switch unit cover does 'rock' but around a horizontal plane
rather than top/bottom. Having removed the outer cover to get at the bulb to
check it, this swivel function appears to be simply to point the light beam
at different angles, there is no switch mechanism present as far as I can
determine.

cheers
Roger

. uk...

Old May 28th 05, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mark[_12_]

Roger

Sounds like it's the same type of light, certainly as if rocks around a
plane - maybe there's something wrong with the switch. I'm sure a decent
dealer or Auto Sleepers themselves could help you.

Regards
Mark

Old May 29th 05, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
RB News

Sussed it!

Further clue presented itself yesterday when I bought the Artec T1 USB
digital TV receiver/recorder (49.99 at Dixon's) so I can use my laptop to
receive TV when I'm travelling (I use the 'van as a mobile office/hotel room
so always carry my laptop, which is widescreen, high def. and has DVD etc).
Couldn't get the TV aerial amplifier to work, no little red light.

Removing the external 'frig ventilator panels got me behind the step light
unit where I could see that the 12V power lead to the amplifier had been
twinned up with the light supply - both not working and no power - confirmed
with my multimeter. Checking the wiring diagram showed that this feed was
directly from the leisure battery (under the driver's seat) via a 10 amp
fuse - checked that but all OK. However, then discovered the wire ran from
the rear to the front UNDERNEATH the van exposed to the elements. Some time
spent lying on my back below the 'van checking for chafing on the insulation
etc, eventually found a section which had been joined by crimp connectors,
covered in insulating tape - stripped those and found one had obviousyy got
damp and corroded so the wire had become disconnected from the connector.
All replaced and covered in heat-shrink, now both step light and TV
amplifier work a treat.

And you were right, Mark, it is a 'rocker' switch, albeit side to side
rather than top to bottom - cheers.

Roger

Old May 29th 05, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mark[_12_]

Roger

Glad you got it sorted - I have my own electrical headache now! Control
unit on our Hymer has decided not to show us when it's connected to
mains (on the driveway to start the fridge off) supply...

Mark

RB News wrote:

Hi, Mark

Thanks for response - I thought of that one myself based on previous
vehicles I have owned. However, sounds like they changed the design

between

98 and 02; the switch unit cover does 'rock' but around a horizontal

plane

rather than top/bottom. Having removed the outer cover to get at the

bulb to

check it, this swivel function appears to be simply to point the light

beam

at different angles, there is no switch mechanism present as far as I

can

determine.

cheers
Roger