Fiat (FWD) vs Mercedes (RWD)

Old May 29th 05, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
[email protected]

Default Fiat (FWD) vs Mercedes (RWD)

I would also appricate any comments on the pros and cons of front wheel
drive vs rear wheel drive.
Buying new, you have the option of going Fiat or Mercedes, and I'm
trying to get a clear idea in my mind whether the Merc is really worth
the extra.

I guess for getting stuck in a field, there's no advantage, but please
correct me.

Old May 30th 05, 06:27 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy_R

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would also appricate any comments on the pros and cons of front wheel
drive vs rear wheel drive.
Buying new, you have the option of going Fiat or Mercedes, and I'm
trying to get a clear idea in my mind whether the Merc is really worth
the extra.

I guess for getting stuck in a field, there's no advantage, but please
correct me.

Of all the reasons to buy one or the other I wouldn't let front/rear wheel
drive swing it, it makes so little difference in practice. Look at other
things like ergonomics, economics, build quality etc first.

Rgds

Andy R

Old May 31st 05, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
ROBIN DUMPLETON

All the sevels can be a pain in the grass, on a sticky field. Mercs are
better built and longer lasting, but remember that you won't get a lowrider
with rearwheel drive, so you won't get an Alko type chassis. Secondhand
prices reflect the extra you have to pay for a Merc.

Robin

"Andy_R" wrote in message

oups.com...