First Time Buyers

Old June 1st 05, 06:32 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Peter Hinchliffe

Default First Time Buyers

Well, we are finally thinking of making the move from caravan to camper.
Need to buy second hand, medium size. Where is the best place to go to for
advice? (Besides here!) How do we avoid the 'turkeys'?

We need something durable and hard-wearing with a good build-quality. Not
bothered about buying an older model if it has been looked after.

We have been to a couple of dealers but were unimpressed as, like caravan
dealers, they seem more interested in selling us the finance than the unit
itself. I know it's cynical but some seem not to care a toss if it falls
apart outside their front gate.

Tips please. We are based in the North West.

Old June 1st 05, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
michael

Peter
suggest you read mmm magazine,best for quality in my experience is Hymer
they use first class materials,and are very well built with good
insulation,if you don't mind Lhd you can pick them up at reasonable prices
if you buy private.

Old June 1st 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy Parker

I had good dealings with Todds at Lostock Hall.

No connection etc.

Andy Parker, Agate House Lapidary
Ulverston, Cumbria, England

www.agatehouse.co.uk
Tel: 01229 584023
Old June 2nd 05, 01:37 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Ken Fairhurst

"Peter Hinchliffe" wrote in message
Well, we are finally thinking of making the move from caravan to camper.

I know it's cynical but some seem not to care a toss if it falls
apart outside their front gate.

Tips please. We are based in the North West.

I can definitely recommend Barrons at Coppull, 12 months guarantee on all
used motorhomes, 12 months MOT, 6 months road tax, full service on engine
and all equipment, valet, 2 nights free at a local site. First class
service.

ATB Ken

Old June 2nd 05, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
themechanic

I bought a new caravan from Barron's at Coppull, no problems and easy
to work a deal with, however there are two places near me on the A583
Blackpool Preston road both of which are good dealers in my opinion.
One is Campbells Caravans (
http://www.campbellscaravans.co.uk/contact.php )and the other is
Brownhills Group the main Hymer UK dealer
( http://www.hymeruk.com/ }

HTH