Newbee Question

Old June 6th 05, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Kemet Meer

Default Newbee Question

I hope this is the right place to ask question, if not no doubt one of you
good people will point me in the right direction.

Question 1: do I need an IDP to drive in Germany, I know I need one for
Italy - We are planning a trip to Sachsenring at the end of July and then
down into Modena and beyond, no problems with the route other that which is
the best crossing point from Germany to Italy?

Question 2: why are all motorhome white? must be some reason for it but am
unable to root out a good answer -

hope you can help and damsel in distress

Jo

Old June 6th 05, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
CampinGazz

"Kemet Meer" wrote in message
Question 2: why are all motorhome white? must be some reason for it but am
unable to root out a good answer -

White's the cheapest colour, also the easiest to spray as it'll hide lots of
imperfections.

When cost's not involved i'd still prefer a white motorhome in summer, as
white reflects the heat,
the interior gets hot enough as it is without it being painted a dark colour
and absorbing even more heat.

Old June 7th 05, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John Sangwin[_2_]

In message dated Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Kemet Meer wrote:

Question 1: do I need an IDP to drive in Germany, I know I need one for
Italy -

If you hold a UK driving licence then you should not need an IDP for
anywhere in Europe, including Germany & Italy.

John

Old June 7th 05, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Kemet Meer

"Kemet Meer" wrote in message

Thanks for the help and advice, see I knew it paid to ask the right people

Old June 8th 05, 05:27 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John[_10_]

--

What about Switzerland? As it's not a Euro member

Old June 8th 05, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John Sangwin[_2_]

In message dated Wed, 8 Jun 2005, John wrote:

Question 1: do I need an IDP to drive in Germany, I know I need one for
Italy -

If you hold a UK driving licence then you should not need an IDP for
anywhere in Europe, including Germany & Italy.

What about Switzerland? As it's not a Euro member

No, not needed there either.

John