Classic micro campers

Old June 10th 05, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
[email protected]

Default Classic micro campers

Hi all,
Does anyone know of a web page with technical details on the Marina &
Escort campers that were available in the 60s & 70s?
I'd like to get info on how the rear seats were mounted & folded to
make up the bed as I have been offered an Escort van, which I'd like to
convert.

TIA, Del

Old June 10th 05, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Chap[_2_]

I bought some camper brochures for old Toyota Hiaces off ebay, also try
classic camper club I know they have a page in Practical motorhome this
month. Also I know of 2 x Escort campers near me both of which are
rotting away (south yorks area)

Dave.

oups.com...

Old June 13th 05, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
[email protected]

Chap wrote:
I bought some camper brochures for old Toyota Hiaces off ebay, also try
classic camper club I know they have a page in Practical motorhome this
month. Also I know of 2 x Escort campers near me both of which are
rotting away (south yorks area)

Dave.

The idea for the brochures is a good one!
Unfortunately, I'm across the Irish Sea, so getting to S.Yorks to
rescue unloved campers is a little impractical. Shame (
Even more of a shame, is the FOUR Escorts that were for sale over the
weekend on eBay (three still there) plus a Marina and an Ital *3-berth*
None of which I could currently afford or get back home (

Del.

Old June 16th 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
CC

I think TorCars (or similar) of Torrington, Devon, converted some of these
before they went out of business years ago. Try a Search, or the Classic
Campers Club. There are still some around.

Chris
wrote in message
oups.com...