CC & e-mail

Old July 10th 03, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

Default CC & e-mail

Just out of curiosity, has anyone _ever_ had a response to an e-mail
to the CC ?

Especially since the "new" website went up...

I sent two e-mails a fortnight ago, not even had an acknowledgement.
Old July 10th 03, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Rogers

"Nigel Crompton" wrote in message
Just out of curiosity, has anyone _ever_ had a response to an e-mail
to the CC ?

Especially since the "new" website went up...

I sent two e-mails a fortnight ago, not even had an acknowledgement.

.................................................. .....
OK lets all send then an email and see what happens.

Harry

Old July 10th 03, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Harry Rogers" wrote in message

I sent two e-mails a fortnight ago, not even had an acknowledgement.

Have used the members only link to ask a genuine question I was going to
write in about as I did not know one could e-mail untill now.
Have just recieved an auto- acknowlegement.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 11th 03, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

I sent two e-mails a fortnight ago, not even had an acknowledgement.

Have used the members only link to ask a genuine question I was going to
write in about as I did not know one could e-mail untill now.
Have just recieved an auto- acknowlegement.

Please reply to News Group.

The caravan club must be congratulated on a brilliant web site, it is easy
to navigate and is straight forward. To get the full benefits you must
register as a member. you can ask a question on this group. It shows that
the caravan industry lurks on this group because it must be a good and cheap
way for getting market research and feed back also they could plant
questions to get reactions.
Mike

Old July 11th 03, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nomad

"Mike" wrote in message

The caravan club must be congratulated on a brilliant web site, it is easy
to navigate and is straight forward. To get the full benefits you must
register as a member. you can ask a question on this group. It shows that
the caravan industry lurks on this group because it must be a good and

cheap
way for getting market research and feed back also they could plant
questions to get reactions.
Mike

It is a considerable improvement but the commercial side of the club is too
much in your face. Why isn't there a member log on icon of the front page ?
Why have insurance and financial services pushed in your face on every page
and I cannot see much point in having a 'join the club' icon visible once
you have logged in!
Nomad

Old July 11th 03, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

The caravan club must be congratulated on a brilliant web site, it is easy

Must it?

It's an improvement, I'll grant, brilliant it isn't.

EG, where's the searchable online CL database, that I've been
suggesting to them for two years? Assuming that the data is already
held electronically (but knowing the CC they'll have drawers full of
index cards) then putting it all in an online db is child's play.
Sixth Form IT students could do this. They've done the hard bit, with
the member authentication.

At least now it's not merely a marketing tool, it is becoming a useful
resource for members. Be better still when all the car & van roadtests
are on it

Old July 11th 03, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

[...]

Nigel.
You must admit it is brilliant for the Caravan Club to have done this. Its
probably the most taxing thing they have done in a long time and it will be
a steep learning curve for them and painful get used to being proactive!
I agree that they spend to much time on selling insurance.
Putting my devils advocate hat on for a moment doesn't this extra income
benefit the members?
What does worry me is who is running the club and decided to make it a
higher priority to sell credit cards and car, house insurance and other
added value things .which seems have their priority. It takes months to get
an answer to a letter and several more for the action to take place. Has
anyone tried to contact the CC insurance department on the phone? Its a
joke, phone in for a loan or credit car is answered straight away. I took me
three days to get in touch with the insurance department to tell them that
someone had stolen my caravan keys from my car. I was told to tell them ASAP
when the new locks had been fitted as they would only cover their liability
for three days when I'd replaced the locks it took three days to contact
them on the phone (note no service on sats or Sundays). Now they have e-mail
facilities which gives a receipt to say they have received your e-mail your
covered.

Mike

Old July 12th 03, 05:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Cohen

In article ,
(Nigel Crompton) wrote:

EG, where's the searchable online CL database

or even a downloadable Excel format...

Paul C.