High-top short motorhomes - makes/models...

Old June 15th 05, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
[email protected]

Default High-top short motorhomes - makes/models...

Hi

OK - based on advice - we're focussing our looks on a High-top van
conversion.

Requirements:-
- SWB (e.g. 15' ish)
- Hot shower / loo
- 1 x double bed
- 4 x driving seats
- possible tow hook
- bike rack
- heater
- 30k ish new.
- usable kitchen
- (Coach built considered if of similar dimensions - so unlikely)

We have a lot of motorhome mags with lists of tables, but none seems to
be complete, and many of the motorhomes seem to lack reviews.

Horizon Unlimited Cavarno 2/4 seem to fit the bill -
http://208.231.18.96/cavarno2/index.html - but apart from this one web
site - can't find any mention or reviews of it!!

Plan is to use this as 2nd car (for couple only - no kids) and also odd
weekends and, say, 2 week mountain-bike type holidays.

I'd appreciate any name drops of makes/models and experiences so we can
compare etc - also not looking to buy till this time next year - so
loads of time to look at shows. We are aware though small convertors
may not be at shows. Don't want to go "custom" as we have no idea what
we need (1st home).

Thanks in advance!

Old June 16th 05, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
CC

How about the Romahome Dimension on Citroen Relay SWB which has 4 belted
seats, not very common in a MVan of the size you are seeking except for
Horizons. Autosleeper Symbol ES is MWB (17ft plus). Others have 3 at most,
such as NuVenture Campers Valencia on SWB Transit.

Motorcaravan Motorhome Monthly has by far the most comprehensive listing of
new 'vans.

Hope this helps

Chris
oups.com...

Old June 17th 05, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
[email protected]

Thanks Chris.

I have What (Which?) Motorcaravan and Practical Motorhome this month -
time to try MMM next month!

I've been doing lots of surfing and am glad I'mnot missing much!

The Demension is an option; but haven't seen the NuVenture model as its
not on their website....

Perhaps we need to extend looks to MWB - but that may make it less
practical as a daily drive....

Appreciated!

Old June 17th 05, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
HH

wrote in message
ups.com...

Perhaps we need to extend looks to MWB - but that may make it less
practical as a daily drive....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a look at MURVI -

www.murvi.co.uk

We have used a Morello anywhere we might use our car . . and width is as
important as length, perhaps more so in a supermarket carpark on a Saturday
morning, or in stone-walled single track roads. We are on our second MURVI
and the quality of the conversion is superb. They are rare - and expensive -
on the Used market.

Old June 17th 05, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
CC

Do you have the right website for NuVenture Campers? Somewhat unhelpfully
there are two NuVenture firms, both in Wigan, due to the original firm
splitting up! NV Campers, and NV Motorhomes. My MWB Elise is from NV
Campers who concentrate on hightops. NV Motorhomes mainly but not
exclusively do coachbuilts, but this does include the smaller type of
coachbuilts which retain their carlike origins so could be of interest to
you. Try a search on the two names.
Murvi are made close to where I live and have a good reputation (but were
not quite what we wanted). NuVenture Campers are good for doing quite a lot
of 'customerisation'. My version is unique, unless they have followed some
of my ideas!