Insurance Green Card

Old June 18th 05, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
David Westerman[_2_]

Default Insurance Green Card

We are off to Eire in two weeks time by ferry from Holyhead. I have notified
my insurers and they say that they have noted their records but they say
that a green card is no longer needed in the EU.

Fair enough, but my Insurance Certificate says that it complies with
requirements for the UK, Channel Islands etc., no mention of the EU.

Has anyone been asked for proof of insurance in Ireland, and was the normal
cert. fully acceptable or should I press my insurers for something in
writing?

Is there anything else I should know about motor caravanning in Ireland
before we set off?

I see that a lot of sites do not take dogs!

Dave W.