Electric Step Switch

Old June 22nd 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Duke

Default Electric Step Switch

I need a replacement switch for the electric step on my 1997 Granduca
Pegaso motorhome. I have been quoted 170!!! Does anyone know where I
might get a salvaged one?

Old June 26th 05, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Springtime

Is it the switch?
On my previous Granduca Base 56 the step often refused to lower. High
pitched alarm then nothing.
I cured this by taking the motor off and cleaning it up.
Unfortunately it catches all the crud from the rear tyre so sand particles &
water get into the mechanism.
Having said that the unit was not very well greased - I stripped it down &
washed the parts in paraffin then reassembled with plenty of grease.
I found that I had to do this every couple of years in order to prevent the
problem reoccuring. Also pay attention to the step pivot areas - these need
to be well greased.

oups.com...

Old June 26th 05, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Duke

Thanks for that. You are not the first to suggest this and as soon as
I come back from France next week I will give it a go.

Old June 26th 05, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Duke