to buy or not to buy

Old June 26th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Linda and John

Default to buy or not to buy

We are thinking of buying a motorhome - any advice/comments would be
welcome

Old June 26th 05, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
JB

"Linda and John" wrote in
message ...
We are thinking of buying a motorhome - any advice/comments would be
welcome

Look at lots and lots so you get a feeling for the layouts. Some seem to be
so well designed that they seem to have double the space for the length!

Old June 27th 05, 05:37 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
John[_10_]

Bought my first 2 months ago, got to say I wished I had bought one when we
first had the idea 5 years ago, it's so much fun. Every weekend away is an
adventure, go on you know you want to!!
Cheers John & Colleen.

"JB" wrote in message
. ..

"Linda and John" wrote in
message ...

Old June 27th 05, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
AH

Bought my first one 5 years ago, up until then I had been a workaholic and
had never had more than 8 days holiday in one go. I was a commited 4/5*
hotel man and would have never thought about getting on a campsite, however
with young children etc it was worth a try and I ventured out and hired one
for a week as a trial.

Its been a life changing experience, am now geared up (ie laptop and phone
in m/home) so that I can take 5 weeks holiday every summer.

I know thats not some peoples idea of a holiday but all my family understand
that the penalty for me being able to go for that length of time is that I
have to work a couple of hours a day some days.

As previous people have said, you cannot do enough research into getting the
right van.
When I got mine I had spent a year looking around, and I got it right first
time. Some friends of mine are on their third new van in eighteen months
simply because they bought what they thought was right without doing any
real research. I have changed mine since and gone "American" but thats only
because it suits what we do and where we go.

I dont use mine as much as I should at weekends etc but with the usual 5
weeks away in summer, a trip to Moscow planned in October and New Year
planned in Switzerland maybe its not too bad !!!

Make a list of the positives and then make a list of the negatives, although
have to say that once you get into it and are completely geared up both
physically and in your mind set, the negatives virtually become
non-existant.

The biggest negative is that you will almost certainly become a motorhome
bore extolling the virtues of it to anyone who will listen.

"Linda and John" wrote in
message ...

Old June 29th 05, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Linda and John

Thanks to you all for the advice - you have given us lots to think
about
We're off to do some research - will let you know how we got on
Linda and John