Fitting cruise control, any recommendations??

Old June 27th 05, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Peter & Andrea Thomas

Default Fitting cruise control, any recommendations??

Hi,
We have just bought a Timberland motorhome,
base on a Fiat 2.8 turbo deisel.

I would like to have cruise control fitted,
I have spoken to Fiat Uk, but they only supply cruise control if it is
ordered when the van is purchased.

Can anyone recommend a good system and fitting company?

many thanks

Peter
Old June 27th 05, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy_R

"Peter & Andrea Thomas" wrote in message
Hi,
We have just bought a Timberland motorhome,
base on a Fiat 2.8 turbo deisel.

I would like to have cruise control fitted,
I have spoken to Fiat Uk, but they only supply cruise control if it is
ordered when the van is purchased.

Can anyone recommend a good system and fitting company?

These people fitted one to my 2.8JTD Fiat camper,
http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/. Did a good job, no complaints.

Rgds

Andy R

Old June 27th 05, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SandS

"Peter & Andrea Thomas" wrote in
message ...
Hi,
We have just bought a Timberland motorhome,
base on a Fiat 2.8 turbo deisel.

I would like to have cruise control fitted,
I have spoken to Fiat Uk, but they only supply cruise control
if it is
ordered when the van is purchased.

Can anyone recommend a good system and fitting company?

many thanks
Peter

I purchased the Conrad-Anderson (
http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk )Cruise control for 150 (
model: ZT50N ) and fitted it myself in a few hours (I think they
do a fitting service but its not that difficult). It is a very
comprehensive kit with masses of mounting brakets etc and very
clear instructions. They have some articles on the website worth
reading.

The unit has on-board diagnostics and sensitivity adjustment.
Very simple to use and a real boon on Motorways/dual
carridgeways. I use it on a Talbot Express 2.0 petrol and it
really is a pleasure. The most difficult thing was attaching the
bracket to the throttle spindle. It is so easy to fit and so
useful that I'm probably going to take it off when I sell the van
and transfer it to the next vehicle!

HTH,
Steve