Insurance Question - Motorhome

Old June 27th 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
frank

Default Insurance Question - Motorhome

Considering buying our first motorhome. At present our voyager people
carrier is insured fully comprehensive, social, domestic and pleasure, and
also for use in connection with insured persons business.

This is causing us a problem, as soon as we say we need this cover no-one
will quote, called over 20 companies this morning.

We use the voyager to go to a few trade shows through the year and carry
some stock for display at these shows. We wish to be able to use a motor
home so that we can take a few days off after these shows and travel around
the local area in the part of the country that we are visiting for the trade
show.

Does anyone have such insurance cover themselves? and can recomend a
company that will do this. Purchase of the motorhome is on hold until we
know we can insure it with the same cover we have now.

Thanks

Frank

Old June 27th 05, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Bob Douglas

"frank" wrote in message
[...]

I'm insured with CIS (Coop).

In the past, we covered a van conversion for Business use since, though I
used it only occasionally, I had a potential requirement to drive between my
employees sites (not covered as SDP or commuting).

Not covered thus on my current coachbuilt (circumstances being different) so
I can't give a current view, but worth an enquiry.

CIS insurance specifically recognises a motorcaravan category and treats it
as such, but does not, as standard, add the numerous potential extras such
as uplifted contents cover etc. I choose to stand the risk on what is not
explicitly covered on my (augmented) household insurance. By implication,
though your vehicle and standard contents may be covered, the stock itself
may not be.

From long term experience we have found the premiums very competitive - and
from claims experience (a coachbuilt written-off in France and replaced with
new, including all accessories) I have no complaints.

Bob
--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old June 27th 05, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Mike Williams[_2_]

"Bob Douglas" wrote in message

I'm insured with CIS (Coop).

Me too. The odd thing is, they were just about the most expensive when we
asked for a quote for a car, and without doubt the very, very cheapest when
we wanted to insure our motorhome. The Coop must like 'em!

Mike

Old June 27th 05, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Andy_R

"Mike Williams" wrote in message
"Bob Douglas" wrote in message

I'm insured with CIS (Coop).

Me too. The odd thing is, they were just about the most expensive when we
asked for a quote for a car, and without doubt the very, very cheapest
when we wanted to insure our motorhome. The Coop must like 'em!

It's because they treat them like a van, they'll give you exactly the same
quote for the base vehicle without the camper mod.

Rgds

Andy R

Old June 27th 05, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
JB

"Mike Williams" wrote in message
"Bob Douglas" wrote in message

I'm insured with CIS (Coop).

Me too. The odd thing is, they were just about the most expensive when we
asked for a quote for a car, and without doubt the very, very cheapest
when we wanted to insure our motorhome. The Coop must like 'em!

Mike

Exactly the same for me too. I thought it was weird they wouldn't/couldn't
do anything for someone who was already a customer.

Old June 27th 05, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
SandS

"frank" wrote in message
[...]

I have both car and Motorhome fully comp with business use via
Frizzell. Business use is travelling to and from meetings, not
selling hot-dogs etc from the van!. 400 the pair (40yrs old,
Swindon, vehicles on drive, no convictions etc, full NCD). They
effectively offered me full NCD on both vehicles as they are on
the same policy). Windscreen cover and protected NCD but no other
extras.

Old June 28th 05, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
frank

"frank" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for all your replies,

This morning called CIS they told me they cannot do class 1 business use.

Called Frizzell and they told me Hymer is not listed on their database, so
cannot quote.

Still looking.

Frank.

Old June 28th 05, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Sid B

"frank" wrote in message

"frank" wrote in message
[...]

Try Comfort Insurance brokers : http://www.comfort-insurance.co.uk/
Did OK for me!

--
Sid B
Spamtrap in operation : ALL incoming mail to address shown autodeletes

Old June 28th 05, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
frank

"Sid B" wrote in message
"frank" wrote in message

"frank" wrote in message
[...]

Success, National Farmers Union Insurance Services, they can offer cover to
include business use.

Thanks Sid already sorted now - will bookmark above link for future use.

Frank

Old June 29th 05, 01:19 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcaravans
Alan Morris

"frank" wrote

also for use in connection with insured persons business.

I'm now retired, but NFU gave me business cover for many years. Still with
NFU.

Alan M